Hello From Scotland

Guest greyhoundgal

Guest greyhoundgal

Hi, just thought that I would introduce myself, my name is Audrey I'm 36 and I'm from wet and windy Scotland! I got my first Grey in 2003, and am on a waiting list for my second cat friendly grey. I am hopeless at these introductions and never know what else to write, so I wont bore you with things your not interested in, If you want to know anything else, just ask, I dont bite and I'm always looking to make new friends :)

Guest terri643

Hello Audrey,

Greetings from Boston! And, welcome to Greytalk. We'd love to see some pictures of your grey and your cat.

Hi Audrey! Welcome to GT! :welcome2 Can't wait to see pics of your pups!

Whereabouts are you from in Scotland? I am from London (transplanted to Maine), but I lived in St Andrews for 5 years :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyhoundgal

Hello again, thank you for the lovely welcomes, I always knew grey owners were a friendly bunch :colgate

I will have a look and see if I can find a picture of Jerry with my cats, but in the mean time I have put a little memorial to him in the remembrance section with a couple of photos of him.

Hi Audrey! Welcome to GT! :welcome2 Can't wait to see pics of your pups!

Whereabouts are you from in Scotland? I am from London (transplanted to Maine), but I lived in St Andrews for 5 years :)

I am from Paisley which is just outside Glasgow, I have cousins from Maine, but couldnt tell you where abouts, that was just a piece of useless info!

Welcome from Hertfordshire :wave .

I've just read Jerry's remembrance thread. How amazing that he lived wild in a park for years - how on earth did he cope with the cold winters? I bet he really appreciated having a warm, loving home with you after all that!

We went on holiday to Scotland once to a wonderful place called Applecross Bay with amazing deserted beaches.

Hope you enjoy GreyTalk :) .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest BigPercyInMa

Hello from Cape Cod :wave

We'd love to visit Scotland some time.

My son (12) would like to know if you've ever been to Loch Ness and/or Edinborough. If so, what did you think about it? Also, do you like haggis??? Thanks :)

(He loves history, geography, etc )

:welcome Hi Audrey, Greetings from New York ( Staten Island to exact). I read about your Jerry. He was a handsome guy and looks like my girl Kelsey - including the brindle spot and base of his tail. I'm sure you'll come to be addicted to GT :wubsite Mimi

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest greyhoundgal
Welcome from Hertfordshire :wave .

I've just read Jerry's remembrance thread. How amazing that he lived wild in a park for years - how on earth did he cope with the cold winters? I bet he really appreciated having a warm, loving home with you after all that!

We went on holiday to Scotland once to a wonderful place called Applecross Bay with amazing deserted beaches.

Hope you enjoy GreyTalk :) .

You should have seen his coat when he arrived with us, I have never seen a coat so thick in my life, needless to say within days of him arriving to live with us he started to shed, my house was covered from top to bottom in white dog hair, once it was gone he had a beautifully smooth silky coat and it was well worth all the hoovering :colgate

Hello from Cape Cod :wave

We'd love to visit Scotland some time.

My son (12) would like to know if you've ever been to Loch Ness and/or Edinborough. If so, what did you think about it? Also, do you like haggis??? Thanks :)

(He loves history, geography, etc )

I hope you manage to visit one day, its a very beautiful country even if I do say so myself :P

You can let your son know that yes I have visited Loch Ness, its about 5 hours drive from my home, we went monster spotting but never saw anything, and we did brave a little paddle in the Loch itself, but it was freezing and our feet were turning blue within a few minutes so we didnt stay in it for too long! We stayed in Inverness while we were there and its a very beautiful and friendly city, I would love to go back for a visit again.

I have been to Edinburgh a few times, its about 45 minutes drive from here, I love the castle and all the monuments that the city has to offer, everything is so old - I mean the buildings etc not the people :unsure But it can be quite expensive so we dont go very often.

And I will be honest yes I do like Haggis, but I was actually eating it and liking it before I found out what it was actually made of :lol But once I got over the initial shock I remembered how much I enjoyed it, so I have eaten it since, but I cant convince my daughter to even try so much as a fork full!

Edited by greyhoundgal

Guest AaronsMom

Greetings and welcome from the East Coast of US - Delaware - My husband and I have Scotland on our list of dream vacations!

Guest greyscot

Hello Audrey and welcome from a fellow Scot. I live near Lanark so we are almost neighbours!! Hope your new grey arrives soon.

Hi and welcome from Waterloo, Ontario

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hello from Washington State! I visited Edinburgh several years ago and remember it fondly. And yes, I ate haggis - it wasn't bad.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest Raelen

Hi from Delaware! I spent a year in Aberdeen and loved it. I miss it sometimes. I grew up in a very Scottish household. My mom makes low fat haggis. It's ok I guess, lol... But we were introduced young, everthing from music to dancing. I started Scottish country dancing at 8 in Texas!

Definately let us know info on your newest angel. Lovely people hereabouts.

Hi Audrey

Welcome from Virginia!! We went to Scotland for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a greyt time. We even got to visit a friend from the board that lives in England now. We had rented a car from stanstead and drove all the way to St. Andrews (not knowing how far it was driving there) LOL

Hugs,

Darlene, Santannah and Selena

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012