Protecting Stitches

Carolina had a mass removed from her right front shoulder today. Her shoulder is all stitched up. She loves to lay on her right side. Anytime she lays flat on that side she starts rubbing her shoulder intentionally against the bed or the carpet. It isn't an area that can be wrapped up. Any suggestions for protecting the stitches?

TIA

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

I know this sounds crazy, but I've actually just used a bandaid and that worked.I used the large patch style. It stayed on for at least a few days and then I would just replace it with another one.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

My golden just had a tennis ball sized lipoma removed from his armpit. The line of stitches is about 6 inches long. He does the same thing on the bed or the rug. He already ripped them open once. I have him in a flannel shirt. I tried the surgi stip bandaids and the big patch kind underneath. So far he has kept the stitches and drain in for 3 days. I also have a heavy sock on his rear foot to keep him from scratching them out. I feel your pain. Good luck!

Fuzzy just had a large tear on his side and we kept a t-shirt on him. I twisted and rubber banded it on top to keep it tight.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

When Jams had sutures under the arm pit we took a large towel folded it in four and wrapped it around her neck like a collar they use when they think you have injured your spine and then pinned it close.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear