We're Off To The Vet Again Tomorrow...

Guest Amber

Guest Amber

I went out for a (rare!) night out last night, and when I staggered home in the early hours, I noticed that Oscar (my Senior boy - just diagnosed with congestive heart failure last Friday) suddenly has a golf ball sized lump on his lower jaw, kind of where the jaw meets the neck. It is a hard lump.

I'm hoping it is just some sort of cyst, especially as it came up so quickly, but any good thoughts greatly appreciated :unsure

Guest grey_dreams

Sorry to hear about Oscar's diagnosis. The swelling could be in a lymph node due to fluid accumulation. Is Oscar on Lasix? Hope you get a good result from the vet tomorrow. Sending good thoughts for Oscar.

Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good thoughts for Oscar

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

:hope Hoping it is just a benign lump. Keeping Oscar in my thoughts and prayers. :hope

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest Amber

Thank you all for your good thoughts!

Vet said she thought it was a lymph node swelling, possibly caused by infection. His breath was smelling a bit and gums bleeding slightly (although he is on raw and I brush his teeth most days), and his temp was elevated a bit. So she has given him antirobe (anti-biotics) and we're going back on Wednesday to see if any improvement. If the a-bs dont do anything, then the next option would be to put him under and they can try to see if anything is going on in his throat/jaw, but she was a bit reluctant to give him a general at his age and given his heart condition.

Poor Oscar, he just seems to have gone downhill really fast in the past two weeks. He was also really struggling to get up the few steps to my front door tonight (he has arthritis too).

Sending more prayers that the antibiotics do the trick. Hug Oscar for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Amber

Thanks.

He really seemed worse when I went home at lunchtime (at work today) and wasn't able to give me the normal big waggy greeting, wasn't that keen on his food either.

See what vet says when we go back tomorrow morning.

Guest Amber

back again today and new antibiotics (two different types) and a fine needle aspirate on the lump. Temp still 104 and lethargic in the house.

He's eating soft food OK and walks OK...45 minutes this morning, with some lying down.

I am dreading the worst now in case it is lymphoma -not sure when I get aspirate results.