Buddy Is Home!

Guest UrsaLunar

Guest UrsaLunar

Well, we went up to Northern Greyhound Adoptions yesterday morning, and by "we" I mean me, hubby, three sons and our German Shepherds - we took two cars ... ok, we could have all fit in the family hauler Suburban, but hubby was headed home with two younger sons and the GSDs if the dogs' meeting went well ... the dogs' meeting went AWESOME!!! Our Oskar and Gaia greeted Buddy like they had known him, and he greeted them like they were familiar, too - lots of friendly sniffing and wagging and milling about together (and tangled leads, LOL!) I was so pleased I could have cried :yay

Oldest son and I stayed for the Reunion happening at the kennel that day - had a lovely time, met Donna (ChiliDog), her husband Klaus and of course Joe & Logan! Buddy got spoiled, he got a 2 Hounds Design collar and a velveted harness. Buddy is a Character! He amused (and probably annoyed) many folks with his kiddie pool antics; dive bombing face first into them at a running start then wallowing back and forth in them - at one point I looked and realized at least three people were taking pics/videoing him in action! :lol The un-amusing part was when he shook off in close proximity to people - oops!

He did wonderfully on the ride home, charmed everyone at Pet Food Warehouse (we went there for crate, bowl, gentler grooming brush than we use on GSDs and cats, toys etc - felt that if we bought ahead we'd be jinxing the meeting with our current dogs) ... got home and Oskar & Gaia greeted Buddy like a welcome friend - thank goodness! Between yesterday and today he's met most of our neighbors and has charmed them too with his handsome looks and his sweet gentleness :wub:

Buddy has amazed me - I almost wonder if he lived in a home before ... but if he did it must have had carpeted floors and no stairs because stairs and smooth floors baffle him, BUT he knows not to lift his leg in the house, knows to whine at the door to go out - even though we're bringing him out about once/hour until we get his new schedule down that cue does help, and he seems exceptionally cat safe! Only a curious "will you be my friend?" interest from the first moment he saw them, and thankfully they have accepted him, our big male (Caleb) even napped with Buddy and me on the couch this AM ... actually, we had a hard time keeping him away, within moments of Buddy coming inside the first time yesterday Caleb had to check him out and rub up along him!

Buddy wouldn't eat yesterday, but he ate in his crate this AM, and ate a bit more at dinnertime alongside Oskar and Gaia without a problem! Buddy also slept thru the night and is very happy with his new crate. This evening we had a thunderstorm, my two younger sons like to watch them, and as a family we watched the storm - dogs included. Buddy was a bit startled by the closer thunder but took his cue from the rest of us that it was nothing to be afraid of.

This morning he took a trip to the hardware store with hubby & me, did very well, was a bit hesitant but was happy to greet and love up everyone he met :) and there was when I realized hubby was calling himself "Daddy" to Buddy already! :gmark (We're Mommy and Daddy to all our kids, skin and fur, and they are all expected to learn manners and use them!)

Any-who, on to pictures ... I'm sorry but will have to just link them as this forum program doesn't like image names that don't end in .jpg or .gif (need a different gallery program, most boards don't like how it assigns pic names :( will load onto my sight tomorrow and repost them)

In the pet-room (was a sun room, it's been reassigned) ...

http://vtwebwizard.com/photos/main.php?g2_..._serialNumber=2

First couch ...

First time meeting Caleb ...

I think Buddy is fitting in just fine!!!

Buddy is also having a GREAT time exploring the woody area around our house, our dogs do not potty in the yard, they potty well into the woodline around the yard - Buddy seems to have picked up on that already, too!!!

Need to get pics of Buddy outside with Oskar and Gaia (keep forgetting the camera when I grab the lead) and need to get some of him in the woody area; his bright brindle coat is SO striking against the beds of ferns under the trees!

Edited by UrsaLunar

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful fit. I have a brindle beauty and a cat that looks just like Caleb! Must be a good combination.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I love the last picture of him with Caleb in the background. He's adorable!

Congrats!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

You got to meet Joe and Logan and Donna and Klaus? I am envious!

Congratulations on Buddy! You must be the folks that little Miss Peanut and Miss Janet visited??

Welcome.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Congratulations on Buddy! You must be the folks that little Miss Peanut and Miss Janet visited??

Welcome.

Actually no, that was another couple we helped with an adoption this weekend (we've been busy! :) )

I originally "met" Buddy's Mom through an introductory post on GT when they were just looking at him - so GLAD things worked out for Buddy and his new family - here ar some pix I took :

With his new family

P1020379.jpg

And in that famous pool :lol

P1020382.jpg

Guest UrsaLunar

Welcome.

Yup, we did! They are such lovely people!

Nope, haven't had Peanut & Janet visit :)

Well, the "honeymoon" is over; Buddy lifted his leg to pee on a door jamb this AM! It's a corner that the cats rub the scent glands on their heads as they walk by, so in a way he was marking over their marks. He did respond positively to hard clapped hands and a deep "Nuh-uh! No pee inside!", stopped immediately and came to me - so that is good. Now the training to be a polite house-dog can truly begin :thumbs-up

He still is proving cat-safe, will have to ask about that in another section if truly cat-safe Greys show it this quickly (not like I'm about to leave him loos in he house when we're gone though, and am a stay-at-home-Mom so that helps immensely) and the children are all so tickled with him; they go from one dog to the next (and cats if they're in the room too) hug each and say "I love you (pet's name)!"

I am SO delighted!!! OK, more pics, loaded the above to my server and will share a couple below, haven't had a chance to get outdoor pics (sprinkling today) but soon!

BuddyCaleb08Jun21c.jpg

Buddy08Jun21e.jpg

Asleep on dog beds on boxed crate on ride home ...

Buddy08Jun21a.jpg

Buddy & Oskar on the couch this morning ...

BuddyOskar08Jun23b.jpg

Buddy has a dog bed in my workspace corner, but he prefers this one where he can see me at work and be near the children ...

ZaacBuddy08Jun22a.jpg

I think he'd like to play with the boys' cars if he could ...

ZaacBuddy08Jun22c.jpg

Actually, the play/family/romperroom is a favorite hang-out of all three dogs ...

BuddyOskarGaia08Jun23a.jpg

That's a beautiful boy you've got there! Congratulations!!! :confetti :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest GreytfulJack

Welcome from Massachusetts! Congrats on your new grey! Sounds like everything is going well for you and everyone is settling in. Your shepards are beautiful too!

:welcome

Congratulations!!!!!!! :confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti Great Pictures and beautiful babies!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter