Hey Guys

Guest mickey85

Guest mickey85

HI all. My name is Matt, and I'm a 10th grade English teacher from west-central Indiana, fresh out of the package - just finished my first year of teaching. Just bought a house with an acre of land (and finished completing my awesome sunburn putting in a 1/4 acre backyard fence). Before this, I went to Culver Military Academy for high school, and then to Butler University where I completed a middle/secondary English license (grades 5-12).

On to the important stuff. Don't have any greys yet, but I did put in my application for the GPA in Indianapolis a couple weeks ago and am waiting to hear back from them. Currently though, I've got what most think to be a sighthound (whippet?) cross with a beagle...Her name is Delilah, but I didn't name her that, and frankly, it drives me nuts every time I mention the name, because invariably, the other person responds with "Hey there Delilah." ARGH! Anyway, here's a couple pics of my current pup...hopefully pics of a new grey will be coming soon!

EDIT: aaand naturally, the photos won't work...let's try these:

gallery_1537_150_172342.jpg

gallery_1537_150_269375.jpg

BTW, despite what she looks like in the 2nd picture, she's NOT beaten! :lol: That was during the family Christmas party, and there were very, very loud cousins and neices there...

Edited by mickey85

Guest dmona

Welcome to the site.....It is addicting, entertaining and educational. Hope you get your grey soon. Delilah is adorable.

Sounds like you know exactly what you want out of life. I congratulate you on your accomplishments.

Dianne

Guest KsFrets

Hello from Kansas...if I were a greyhound...I would beg you to take me home so I could claim your land...and snuggle with De :)

welcome.gif to GT!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest SoulsMom

Welcome from MA! You'll find tons of greyt advice on this board. We tend to be a bit obsessed :blush

edited to add: now I have that song stuck in my head :wife:rolleyes:

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest onefloppyear

Welcome from Indianapolis! I have 2 GPA-Indy doggies, and they're wonderful hounds. We look forward to meeting your new family member! Please don't hesitate to ask questions - and to post pictures! :)

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2 Delilah is gorgeous!! :wub:

I hope you hear back from the GPA chapter soon!... Keep us posted :rules:D

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest sandlot13433

Welcome from NY!!! :welcome2 You have such a cute dog! This site is so helpful and I have met so many people through it. Definitely keep us updated on your adopting a greyhound!

Guest LokisMom

Hey there,

We are in Indianapolis and have 3 GPA Indy dogs. I know a few people with GPA-Indy. If you have not heard from them within 4-5 weeks, please let me know and I can try to offer some assistance. You can't pm yet so I'll shoot you my email addy if it becomes necessary.

Jen

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME :wave :wave :wave Somebody else mentioned already ,we are a bit obsessed with our Hounds . You will

see for yourself soon . Greyt to have you here. BTW De ( Delilah ) stands for Delightful. :P

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Welcome! Congrats on the house puchase, and good luck with the hound adoption! Oh, and Delilah is a really cute pup--and she's got the "Daaaaaaad, what ARE you doing to me? This is sooooooo embarrassing/horrific!" look down pat. :lol

Guest zoolaine

Hi Matt, welcome. I'm new myself - just got my first greyhound last week. Delilah is a doll, and sorry but I like the song so I would probably do the same thing. Good luck in finding your greyhound.

Hi Matt and Deliah (sp?) Welcome from NC. I was just in Indy last week for work and could not get over that the sun does not set there til 945pm (it sets here at around 845-9) The last time I was in Indy was Dec and it was 20 degrees and snow on the ground (even if I am originally from MI and gre up in CT). Not much snow here.

You will learn a lot about greys here on GT (and other stuff too).

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest mickey85

Thanks for the welcome guys. Still haven't heard back from them, but I'm still hopeful. Anyway, you all have been great (or greyt!) so far - I really appreciate it, and appreciate all that I'm reading in the posts on here.

Guest threedognight

Welcome from Florida! Delilah is beautiful! We look forward to more pictures of Delilah and your new grey. Good luck!