11:52 A.m. - Snickers Is In Labor!

Guest wmlcml6

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytfulhounds
Mudd is the kennel name of Daddy.

What is the difference between a kennel name and the birth name a dog is given? And, why 2 different names?

Guest greytfulhounds
Girl 1 and Girl 3 are strong, and nurse fine on their own. Girl 2 was basically DOA, but Bill and I got her breathing ... kind of. She was having a erally hard time, and we thought maybe her lungs weren't fully developed. She is still not out of the woods, but she was born at 4:37 and has even nursed (with me holding her)

GAH .... just had another one.

Sending prayers for puppy #2. :hope:hope

Guest StagnBob

Hope all is going well, sending prayers from across the pond for pup number 2. Fingers crossed they are ALL safe and sound and that mum isn't too jaded after her big day.

:wub::wub::wub:

Mudd is the kennel name of Daddy.

What is the difference between a kennel name and the birth name a dog is given? And, why 2 different names?

All racers are given a registered racing name with the NGA and then they are given a name to be called in the kennel. For instance my Emmy's racing name is Live It Up Drive but they called her Emmy in the kennel. In this case the daddy's racing name is Take It Over but they call him Mudd in the kennel.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Congrats!!

Hope Little Girl #2 is going to make it!! :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest wmlcml6

our pups get named as soon as we figure out personality or something that fits them. Those are the names we call them their whole life (including their "kennel" name). The NGA registered name doesn't have to have anything to do with that name, but sometimes it does.

Now, if we get a new dog from a breeder who doesn't tell us their "kennel" name, we usually make something up based on their registered name -- i.e, CTW Well Done didn't come in with a name, so I started calling him Steak. I couldn't come up with a kennel name for CTW Natural Cure, but my husband did - Natalie or Natty. :-)

our pups get named as soon as we figure out personality or something that fits them. Those are the names we call them their whole life (including their "kennel" name). The NGA registered name doesn't have to have anything to do with that name, but sometimes it does.

Now, if we get a new dog from a breeder who doesn't tell us their "kennel" name, we usually make something up based on their registered name -- i.e, CTW Well Done didn't come in with a name, so I started calling him Steak. I couldn't come up with a kennel name for CTW Natural Cure, but my husband did - Natalie or Natty. :-)

They also had a dog come in saddled with the unfortunate name of CTW Cows Are Out. Fortunately he got a pretty good kennel name (if I do say so myself :P ); Scout.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I just heard Snickers just had girl #5! :colgate

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Tears of joy and prayers for baby girl #2.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytfulhounds

Thanks to everyone for the info on the kennel name vs. NGA name! I have been watching my Susie's little girl race, after racing they will be breeding her but the owner has promised that she will be mine after breeding. :) Her kennel name is different than her racing name and when I saw the post about Mudd's kennel name it got me to wondering why.

What a night for you all and Mama Snickers! Congratulations on the babies and special prayers for little girl #2. Hang in there sweetheart. You have lots of people rooting for you and loving you already.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest ChancesMom

:confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

Congratulations Snickers. What a good mommy. I'm sure you are all exhausted as well as excited. Prayers for mama and all of the new pups and especially puppy #2.