Both Boys Have Red Bites

I am thinking some bugs or maybe even ants are biting their hairless private parts while they are outside!

No pics, sorry!

But I felt awful when I realized they may have been there a day or two.

I put some Aveeno oatmeal anti-itch analgesic on them and I think they were relieved but I don't even know if they itched in the first place. I just saw one and went to investigate and found them everywhere! They each had a total of about 10. I have a few nasty mosquito-like bites on me too so maybe the squitos are here. I do have a mosquito zapper ready to go but I never had to put it out this early....it's not even warm out yet. The furnace is running right now.

Poor pantsless, defenseless pups!

I just needed to talk to some people who cared!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

The "no see um's" had a banquet on Riley's private parts when we were at Sandy Paws this year. For some reason they hardly bothered with the girls, but they sure liked Riley. The strange thing is that Riley really did not seem bothered by the bites at all - he didn't even notice them.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Our boys usually get bitten wherever they have no fur... so the private parts and parts of their tummies. Usually it's either mosquitos or no-see-ums.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Our boys usually get bitten wherever they have no fur... so the private parts and parts of their tummies. Usually it's either mosquitos or no-see-ums.

Sounds like fleas to me! Have you applied their Frontline?

Mine get bit every time they goes outside, they like to stay out when it's nice out,

and when they come in, they have bites on their bare bellies! The black flies are out

in the spring. :angryfire

If it were fleas, I would have seen them, & I've never seen any fleas on them. :thumbs-up

Edited by nyGreys

John E used to get bitten up terribly. This time of year it could be May flies or no see ums. Someone recommended putting Gold Bond Powder on the bites, but in reality, it looked bad but didn't seem to bother him.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Jet is a hairy little girl. I hardly ever see those little bug bites on her.

Ryan is naked on his belly, legs, and very thin haired everywhere else. He's always covered in those bites in the spring.

No bugs here, but Gabe's private has been 'bitten' by a few rosebushes he just had to pee on.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Last spring my two got lots of bits on their tummies! -----

At the time though, I did not know they were bites. They were red and round with a raised edge. I was in panic mode, and ran to the vet. (I thought maybe they were some sort of worm--)

Vet told me they were bug bites,-- probably chiggers, and did give me Panalog cream.

This year, I was expecting an outbreak, but I guess since there is almost no grass in the run this year, we did not have the same problem.

The Panalog cream cleared them up 1-2-3, and no itchies!

Good Luck!

Guest 2greysforme

When we got our Sparks he had chiggers. They are basically bugs that burrow into their skin and live there, causing awful itching for the poor pup. It took some steroids to get rid of them. Hope it's not chiggers!

It's not fleas and the bites do not seem to "bug" them so I am not worried.

But I am so glad they are happy and healthy with their worst problem being bug bites and long nails.

Time for me to go clip and then Dremel some nails!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background