G'day From Oz

Guest luvmyjess

Guest luvmyjess

G'day all,

I'm so excited, because I am finally picking up my beautiful new family member on Saturday, only four more sleeps.

Her name is Jess and she is three years old. I'm not sure how it works in the US or other countries but here in Australia we have to get accepted to be able to adopt a greyhound as they have to go through a fostering program first, they are ex-racers.

So after six long weeks we finally heard from GAP(greyhound adoption agency)

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy her as as much as I hope she enjoys us.

A little bit about myself, seeing as I am here to introduce myself, I'm a mother of three beautiful children two boys(12 & 3) and one girl(4), I have a wonderful partner and am a step mum to his little dog Wlison, yes he is named after the ball in "Castaway". I live in Geelong, Victoria which is on the southern coast of Australia.

Looking forward to sharing stories and maybe getting a bit of advise from time to time as I am a first time adoptive parent to a grey, but very excited at the prospect.

Have a great day everyone

Guest KateWantsaGrey

:wubsite:welcome2 Welcome to greytalk! And congrats on your new family member! How exciting! I'm still waiting on my guy to come home (2more weeks!) and it's killing me. The process you are going through sounds very similar to what we do here in the states. Well, once again, congrats on your new girl!

:yay

Welcome from Long Island, NY!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Welcome from Waterloo, Ontario...we have similar adoption groups that foster and approve.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from Maryland!! And I LOVE Wilson's name! That part of the movie still cracks me up... does Wilson have hair like the movie-Wilson??

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Javagirl

Hi from NYC! Welcome, welcome! And yes, nearly all of us have to go through an adoption agency, application process, home visits/interview, etc. Sometimes you can 'choose' your dog, sometimes you can't and the agents match you with your dog (like us). Every agency is different but there is a basic underlying thread of the nail biting, waiting period. Congratulations and bring pictures!

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2 Congratulations on your new greyhound! Can't wait to see pictures!!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida! When we were going through the adoption approval process/home visits/paperwork, etc. it felt like the day we brought our greyhound home would NEVER get here!! Can't wait to see pictures of Jess!!!

:welcome

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest luvmyjess

Thank you all for you kind welcomes, only two more sleeps and I pick up Jess. I sure I will have pics posted by Saturday afternoon.

And in answer to "ozgirl2", Wilson is a pomeranian x and he has long tan/brown hair that ends up all over the carpet and furniture.