Pavé Maria

While doing routine lump and bump checks today...I found this on the chin of Pavé. Has anyone seen this before? She goes back to the doc on Thursday and I will have it checked. Doesn't bother her...but it bothers me. :blush

100_5377.jpg

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Nala has one on her lip. They told us to not worry unless it got bigger. It never has and it has been there for years.

Keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger, than they will probably remove it. If not, better left alone. At least in Nala's case. If you have a vet appointment soon, have them look.

The Girls

Guest MnMDogs

Matty and Mork both had something like that - but it was a darker brown. I can't tell if Pave's looks lighter because of the flash, though.

In any event, they didn't bother either Matty (on her ear) or Mork (on top of his paw), but since they were darker pigmented the vet suggested removal and biopsy. Both were nothing :)

Zit maybe?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Thanks all. It is hard...raised...and pink. If you notice those little zit things on her chin that are tiny...it is one of those only much bigger. :blink:

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Teddy had the exact same thing on the roof of his mouth which was surgically removed during his dental last year. I found it because of the way he roaches laying with this mouth open upside down!!!

It was benign and they said it could grow back. I would have it looked at but I am sure it's nothing.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Maybe it's her Marilyn Monroe beauty mark? ;)

Monroe_Kamera_9783829603119_550.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Maybe it's her Marilyn Monroe beauty mark? ;)

Monroe_Kamera_9783829603119_550.jpg

:lol:P

Usethisone.jpg

My cat JJ gets something like that every so often and Payton has as well in the same spot. They come and go...i wish I could remember what the vet called them....but they weren't anything to worry about in our case.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

do you happen to feed from plastic dishes? they can get a little infection on their chins and noses from bacteria that stays in the cracks and crevices of plastic dishes, even washed ones. It does look like a small abscess or cyst. I would imagine it can wait until Thursday though unless it starts to look more wicked.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest RooRoo

I am in the "have it checked no matter what" camp because of 3 recent situations: 1 with my cat and 2 with my greyhounds.

Both the cat and one greyhound had similar pink, raised, hard but small bumps. The old vet said "wait and see if it gets bigger" for close to a year for the cat... we did wait and although it didn't get bigger when we moved, we went to the new "lumps should be removed" vet and sure enough, it was a mast cell tumor just above his eye. Luckily in cats MSTumor are not the most aggressive and thank goodness he's still with us.

Just a month ago, our female greyhound developed a similar bump just below her eye (looked like a wart, raised up and pink/white and hard) and because of the bad experience with our cat the year before, we insisted (and the new vet agreed) that it at least be aspirated. Cells came back questionable so Kiwi had it removed and sure enough - melanoma.

Simultaneously, while Kiwi had her melanoma removed, a small round (under the skin bump) on our male Rizzo had the vet convinced that it was a benign fatty lympoma based on the feel and movement. We had it taken out, just in case (not even aspirated first). The doctor was so convinced even during the surgery that it was nothing that he took it out with NO margins and sewed him up. 3 days later the results came back from the lab -Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Here we are 4 weeks later and Rizzo just underwent a 2nd surgery to remove the rest of the cancer that was left behind during the first, cursory surgery. The good news is our take no chances approach paid off as it is low grade and should be under control from the surgery and possibly radiation, if necessary.

Now of course like many write here, dogs can develop warts and acne-like nothing to worry about things. This is usually the case and it probably is unlikely that it's serious; but I'd rather have the doctor tell me after some testing that it is nothing to worry about based on pathology which certainly is more conclusive than sight, touch or off-hand medical opinion.

I understand we may think we tend to jump at every lump and bump and feel over anxious but I'd rather be safe than sorry IMHO ;) I just think back to my poor cat and the bump that the vet told us not to worry about. And now our greys- had we not been as vigilant and cautious as we were these past several weeks, who knows what would have happened had we waited. :unsure

Let us know and good luck!

Edited by RooRoo

Thanks for all the input. Pavé will have it checked Thursday morning.

Usethisone.jpg

Just got back from the vet with Pavé. We are to use panalog on this thingy whatever it is...they are thinking possibly it is a histiocytoma. If it does not get smaller/go away...she will have surgery to have it removed. :blush She also has a slight ear infection in her left ear. Hoping this thing whatever it is goes away! :(

Usethisone.jpg

My first thought was histiocytoma....but from what I have seen they usually look redder than that...which is why I plumped for a cyst....anyhow, here's hoping it goes away all by itself very soon :)

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT