Hello From Michigan

Guest JillinMichigan

Guest JillinMichigan

Hi there, I have been reading this site for quite awhile but haven't posted yet till now. It was very helpful for me to read the remembrance posts last spring & summer when I was dealing with osteosarcoma with my bridge kid Blast. I have had such a great time with both of my fur kids the last several months. Magic (tuxedo black) is a wonderful M&G ambassador and is a talker (he only barks when he is chasing rabbits in his sleep) & Birch (fawn) was part of the SCAL program & sits for his treats all of the time. I don't know how to post a picture when it's not from a website - so any help would be appreciated!!

Edited by JillinMichigan

Welcome to GT... :wave You've got beautiful boys (checked their photos on Greyhound Data) and they sound like wonderful fur kids. :) Have been through OS with too many of my precious greys. It's such a heartbreaker. :( Hope you'll share your wisdom with the group.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!! :ghplaybow:welcome

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome from Mid-Michigan :D

We are glad you are here!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest TBSFlame

Welcome from NC. Looks like Birch is related to some of my hounds. Flame is a Fortress dog and Star and Tessie are Wigwam dogs. :)

welcome from southern california!

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest JillinMichigan

Hi threedognight, I added my city to my profile which is about 15 minutes northeast of Rochester (most people know when you say Romeo because Romeo is inside Washington Township). Tim and I used to live in the apartments at Hamlin/Rochester for 4 years before we bought our house in Washington Township. Our adoption group REGAP, has a booth at the Arts and Apples Festival in Rochester in September, and I talked them into having a booth in 2007 for the first time in quite awhile at the Romeo Peach Festival which is Labor Day weekend (since I am only 2 miles away from Romeo). We only had Magic at the time, and here is a picture of him as a M&G ham ambassador:

Romeo Peach Festival 2007 - Magic

I also took Magic to the Ann Arbor Art Fair, and here is a picture of him getting pet by people who wanted to adopt him if he were available (but I would never give him up, of course!):

Ann Arbor Art Fair 2007 - Magic

I also forgot to mention in my first post that we have a foster dog, Elysia, who I have to tell myself 10 times a day that we're not going to keep her :)Pat C Elysia. She is also Birch's half-sister, Gable Dodge was her dad too (and therefore a Wigwam Wag grandkid too, yep, TBSFlame our fur kids are closely related :) I noticed that Dutch Bahama is Magic's great-great grandfather & Birch & Elysia's great-grandfather, so they are more closely related than I realized, too (which is kind of cool, I think, since they're all living in the same house.) Thanks for all of the welcome replies, when I can get through typing a post about Blast without tears welling up, I'll be doing that in the near future.

Guest threedognight
Hi threedognight, I added my city to my profile which is about 15 minutes northeast of Rochester (most people know when you say Romeo because Romeo is inside Washington Township). Tim and I used to live in the apartments at Hamlin/Rochester for 4 years before we bought our house in Washington Township. Our adoption group REGAP, has a booth at the Arts and Apples Festival in Rochester in September, and I talked them into having a booth in 2007 for the first time in quite awhile at the Romeo Peach Festival which is Labor Day weekend (since I am only 2 miles away from Romeo). We only had Magic at the time, and here is a picture of him as a M&G ham ambassador:

Romeo Peach Festival 2007 - Magic

I also took Magic to the Ann Arbor Art Fair, and here is a picture of him getting pet by people who wanted to adopt him if he were available (but I would never give him up, of course!):

Ann Arbor Art Fair 2007 - Magic

I also forgot to mention in my first post that we have a foster dog, Elysia, who I have to tell myself 10 times a day that we're not going to keep her :)Pat C Elysia. She is also Birch's half-sister, Gable Dodge was her dad too (and therefore a Wigwam Wag grandkid too, yep, TBSFlame our fur kids are closely related :) I noticed that Dutch Bahama is Magic's great-great grandfather & Birch & Elysia's great-grandfather, so they are more closely related than I realized, too (which is kind of cool, I think, since they're all living in the same house.) Thanks for all of the welcome replies, when I can get through typing a post about Blast without tears welling up, I'll be doing that in the near future.

Magic is beautiful! My husband’s brother lives near Washington Township. It is a pretty area.

I just saw the picture of Elysia. She looks so sweet! I think you need a white grey to balance out the black one :colgate

Guest Iheartgreys

Welcome! I live in St Clair Shores, work in Rochester and my parents like in Washington Twp!

We should plan a get together! I am a new "mom" to Mac, a 2 1/2 yr old brindle who is just starting to come out of his shell!

Guest WhenIGiveIn

Welcome to the group! Im also from michigan but walled lake here!

I have some friends in ReGap but I work with GEM. Welcome to GT!

Guest JillinMichigan
Welcome! I live in St Clair Shores, work in Rochester and my parents like in Washington Twp!

We should plan a get together! I am a new "mom" to Mac, a 2 1/2 yr old brindle who is just starting to come out of his shell!

Hi Iheartgreys, it would be great to meet at the dog park sometime soon in Mt. Clemens that is free (or there is also a nicer one in Clinton Township that requires a yearly pass - about $20-30 - I think).

Hi WhenIGiveIn, I replied to your post about Lily (but forgot you live in Walled Lake), I meant to reply to Iheartgreys because she lives on the east side - oops! But I've always wanted to go to that OrionOaks dog park in Lake Orion that is supposed to be several acres fenced in, it would be fun to meet up with you there since it would be closer to you, I see that Lily is related to Gable Dodge like Birch & Elysia are. Good luck with your new cutie pie!

Guest WhenIGiveIn

The lyon Oaks park is gorgeous! Its in south lyon and is a total of 13 acres that they rotate i differente shifts to protect the lawn. Im sure we can meet up sometime. I dont mind driving to hang out with greyhounds. Im acutally out that way a lot latley Im getting married in October at Metro Beach.

The lyon Oaks park is gorgeous! Its in south lyon and is a total of 13 acres that they rotate i differente shifts to protect the lawn. Im sure we can meet up sometime. I dont mind driving to hang out with greyhounds. Im acutally out that way a lot latley Im getting married in October at Metro Beach.

where's metro beach? I would love to join you guys with Pop & Zelda is you go to Lyon Oaks...we live about 2 miles south of Kensington park in South Lyon (lyon township).

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest Iheartgreys

Metro beach is on the east side, bordered on one side by lake st clair.

I would be up for meeting in south lyon, it is only about 45 minutes from me, it sounds like such a nice place.

I have only had Mac for about 6 weeks and havent seen him interact with other greys at all, i bet he would love it.