Remembering Rerun (evader) 4/18/95-4/19/07

2NOFLEAS

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=72541

ReRun (Evader) left us April 19, 2007 the day after his twelveth birthday. To remember him and celebrate all that he gave us, I will give the first six people that have a greyhound with a birthday day or passing day of April 18 or 19th (year doesn't matter) that donates a minimum of $2 to Lambie's Smile Fund a free mousepad, 4pc coaster set or 30 piece puzzle with a picture(s) of that pup on it. Please contact me for more information at bob-tina@comcast.net

In doing this we celebrate the lives of our pups and all they gave us by helping save the lives of others through this special fund. http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/lambiessmilefund.htm

I wrote these poems for ReRun before he left. I'm glad I did, it would be too hard to after.

My knight in shinning fur…

Who’s that smiling upside down

Who’s that pouncing all around

That’s BabyDog….. My BabyDog…..

The funniest dog in town!

My knight in shinning fur he is

My snuggle buddy is his biz

And when the day’s just begun

And I wake up to ReRun

A feel of cotton is your fur

A race so fast as a blur

Now your work has retired

Now you’re just so admired

THANK YOU BABYDOG! MY RERUN!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those Paws

Those paws learned at an early age how to work hard for a living and never knowing more than the inside of a kennel or a racetrack.

Those paws were held when you first traveled in the back of a truck, scared, shaking and unsure because you weren’t in a crate as you were on your way to a new home – your forever home.

Those paws were held for weeks as we slept together on the floor downstairs until you were brave enough to try the stairs for a first time.

Those paws dug in the dirt on hot summer days to make a nice cool spot to lay in while you watched us work in the yard.

Those paws stepped into mud and left footprints around the house (and in our hearts).

Those paws all bandaged up when you broke a nail, but never stopping you from having fun (at least not for long).

Those paws having fun pouncing and bouncing, playing with squeaky toys.

Those paws walked the paths and streets with us so you could catch up on all the smells in the neighborhood and maybe even meet a neighbor dog.

Those paws lay next to us night after night, sometimes running and playing as you sleep. Those paws fluffed blankets and pillows so they are just in the right places.

Those paws were there during our hardest family times and through the happiest.

Those paws played and ran with your true love, your first sister of your forever family, your sole mate, and walked side by side without hesitating.

Those paws held me when we cried when she left us from this world.

Those paws greeted a new sister and learned how much fun snow can be.

Those paws in my hands, soft yet firm, tender yet strong, showing the love you have to share teaching me that things can get better no matter how bad they are, they can get better by just a simple touch.

Those paws have been through so much and one day those paws will be held not by me but by God. And that day, I will cry and I will thank you for picking our family to be yours, and I will miss you and all our days that we would just sit or lay and hold

Those paws.

Tina Wiepert 2006

Written for my first adopted greyhound – ReRun (formerly: Evader) before he passed away the day after his 12th birthday, April 19, 2007.

(If you would like to reprint any of these poems, please give note that "Those Paws" has been published. Please reference: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2...those_paws.html )

Edited by 2NOFLEAS

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest how888

Oh wow!! I had to read the poem through tears. I am so sorry and know he will always be with you. He was so lucky to have found you.

:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh my goodness, I can barely see through my tears after reading "Those Paws". What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Rerun. Sending hugs your way :grouphug .

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound