Dental For Andy Tomorrow

As some of you remember a few weeks ago I was asking what precautions you/your vet have taken for dentals for dogs that are completely terrified of the vet... well... that day has come sooner than we wanted. Andy needed a cleaning, but I was thinking we would do in a few weeks. Well last week I noticed that one of his teeth were loose... so the vet (same vet that helped us with Carrier) came over on Sat to our home to take blood. Andy was not impressed. We were thinking he would go in for the dental this past Tuesday, but I couldn't bare the thought of him being there so soon after we lost Carrier.. I don't think my heart could have handled the stress. But of course his tooth is loose, so we made the appointment for tomorrow.

We are taking him in at 8:30.. they will sedate him in the car and then 15 minutes later he will be brought in and put under for the cleaning. He is going to a very unhappy Andy as breakie will not be served tomorrow... if he could dial, I am sure he would call the SPCA on us.

Please keep him and his heart in your thoughts tomorrow. Will let you know how many teeth he loses and if he still loves us when all is said and done.

hugs and prayers, even though I'm sure Andy will be fine! :grouphug:hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I'm not sure what the time difference is, but Andy will be in our prayers tonight and tomorrow morning we will light a special candle for him. I think his mom may need a candle too.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Everything is going to be just fine! :grouphug Sending prayers for good measure.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Everything went well and Andy is home! I know why everything went well... because Carrier was watching down on him. When we got to the vets to pick Andy up, they told us that Carrier was there too. We weren't expecting it, but were happy to be able to bring both our boys home together.

The vet is wonderful. This morning we brought Andy in and he was given a sedative. We drove around the country until it kicked in. Tim carried Andy into the procedure room and put him right on the table. The vet placed the catheter, gave him fluids and anesthetized Andy while we were there holding him. He lost 5 teeth and is pretty groggy, but he's home and doing well.

thanks for the well wishes - they worked and little help from his brother may have made all the difference.

Guest paulamariez

Wondeful news about Andy's dental! I'm sure Carrier WAS with him throughout the whole ordeal, and will be there for the recovery too! Keeping your sweet boy (we had an Andy too! We called him Andy Bananas! He probably knows Carrier at the Bridge by now!) in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recuperation. I've got Bueller going in for his dental next week and I'm nervous too!