Ralphie

Guest tammymacb

Guest tammymacb

I don't know Ralph's exact birthday. I know I adopted him from Adirondact Save a Stray on April 5th, 1993. It was my Mother's 40th birthday and my Dad's B'day had been March 25th. He was about 7 weeks old and the absolutely cutest, fluffiest, BIGGEST :blink: , fur ball of a puppy, I'd ever seen.

I brought him home to my parents as a birthday gift. Mom quickly named him Chance, Dad soon overruled her and changed his name to Ralph. He was to join their cocker Rhonda, and their cats Trixie and Norton.

He was the sweetest giant of a dog you'd ever meet. Loved everyone, the grandkids could hang off him like a pony. My 16 year old son can't remember a time when Ralph wasn't around.

Well, I've posted for about the last year that Ralphie was failing. At 15 his legs were getting useless, he was a bit senile and he didn't move around much anymore. Dad swore that until Ralph let him know that it was time, he wasn't going anywhere. My dad loved that dog with all his heart. A while back, when Ralphie was sick, my dad sobbed to me on the phone "What will I do without him, he's all I have left :( " as my sisters and I have grown and moved away.

Well, on March 25th my dad found out wonderful news. The cancer that his physician had warned was probably terminal, was far more contained than they'd expected. My dad will be treated and have a full recovery. On March 26th, my dad had to put his best friend to sleep. Ralphie was done, still eating and beating his tail on the floor when dad came home. But, physically he was done.

He would have been home for 16 years this April 5th and he was adored for every second he lived in that house. He will be greatly missed by his family.

Rest in Peace, boy. You were truly a good dog.

Guest BlackandBrindle

My deepest sympathies to all who knew and loved Ralphie :grouphug

Please let your dad know that we are thinking of him and sending prayers for peace and comfort.

RIP Ralphie :f_white

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

My sympathy and prayers for all of you. It hurts to lose a big part of your heart. :grouphug Run free sweetie...you are loved and remembered always. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Snowy8

Aww...there's probably no better memories than the family doggie. I'm so sorry he had to cross the bridge...but my guess is BuyCut Dear & Pegasus were all standing there waiting!

:beatheart

I am so sorry for you and your dad with the loss, I know that must have been very hard. :bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so sorry for your family's loss of a dear companion.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug Sending my condolences to all who loved Ralphie.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound