What's Up With This Toe?

Chloe's toe is inflammed looking. She does not seem to be in any discomfort at all. I pressed on it and there was no reaction. All her toes look a bit large. Is this arthritis???

DSC_0151-2.jpg

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm curious to see what this is.

Gracie has one front toe that seemed to change overnight. Yet there is no limping or licking or discomfort whatsoever.

Is it all of Chloe's toes or just one foot?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm curious to see what this is.

Gracie has one front toe that seemed to change overnight. Yet there is no limping or licking or discomfort whatsoever.

Is it all of Chloe's toes or just one foot?

It's mainly that ONE toe on that one foot.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

If it's hard as a rock and not painful, it's either arthritis or an old sprung toe (ligament damage that's calcified). Here's a pic of one of Batman's. Never bothered him.

post-1781-1205633769_thumb.jpg

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks Batmom, I kinda figured it could be arthitis. I remember my "Nana" having knuckles that looked like this. She had terrible arthritis.

Luckily, she does not seem to be bothered by this at all.

I second the calcification if the lump is hard and not painful, my bridgekid Mulder had these lumps on all of his toes (he walked funny which twisted the joints) I had the toes X-rayed when the lumps first came up as I was really worried but the vet told me it was just calcification around the joint....when blood gets into a joint due to a sprain or whatever it is unable to escape and calcifies....but the good news is that when it does it often stabilises the joint and prevents it from becoming strained again....so once it's gone lumpy it's usually no further problem. It's not really arthritis in the true sense, but it may restrict the movement of the joint....which in the toes in not much of a problem.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I second the calcification if the lump is hard and not painful, my bridgekid Mulder had these lumps on all of his toes (he walked funny which twisted the joints) I had the toes X-rayed when the lumps first came up as I was really worried but the vet told me it was just calcification around the joint....when blood gets into a joint due to a sprain or whatever it is unable to escape and calcifies....but the good news is that when it does it often stabilises the joint and prevents it from becoming strained again....so once it's gone lumpy it's usually no further problem. It's not really arthritis in the true sense, but it may restrict the movement of the joint....which in the toes in not much of a problem.

Our Frannie had this happen at at about 20 mo. of age , being the wild child she is it bothers her every so often then after a day she is back , our vet said the same thing.

Guest Garthzilla

Our Frannie had this happen at at about 20 mo. of age , being the wild child she is it bothers her every so often then after a day she is back , our vet said the same thing.

My boy had a lump like that on his toe, and he was limping. turns out it had broken a while ago, did not heal good and broke again. Eventually we had his toe amputated because it never did heal correctly.

Orion has a couple of big ol' knobbly toes just like that. I just figured they were old damages done during his career since he raced until he was six. :)

Edited by Jiffer

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.