What Is Wrong With This Picture?

Guest karma98104

Guest karma98104

Absolutely out of the blue Lark's eye started to bother her. I was talking on the phone, one minute fine, then next minute this:

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

it's like the white part is too big- she is squinting it a lot and it seems to be irritated by the light from my flashlight. She seems to be feeling find and certainly has an appetite, but I'm worried.

My guess is that she got a fuzzy in it or something- but it disturbs me that the white part of her eye coming from the center seems to be so large.. and I can't see anything stuck in there either.

Any ideas of what it is or what I should do?

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

What that is, is the 3rd eye lid

Not sure why it's come out but at least I can tell ya what it is but not why it's out there

Could be the start of a conjunctivitis I would say if it's not better by tomorrow head to the vet and have it checked out

Do you mean her right eye? It could be the way the light is hitting it in the photos, but ... it looks like maybe the lens has shifted. I'd ring the e-vet if she were mine, unless you don't mean that eye and it IS just the way the light hits it.

If it's the left eye, then yes, that's the third eyelid. She may have something in there. Pull the eyelid gently down - and the upper one up - and see if you can see anything. One time, Jim was poking around in a hedge and got a whole daddy-long-legs leg in his eye! That made it water, but he was fine once I fished it out.

If you see anything that's not big enough to grab easily, flush it with barely warm water and see if you can wash it out.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I hope it is just the camera! If not I would get him straight to the vet!!!! Good Luck!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Merrygohounds

This very thing happened to my Laela about 3 years ago. She was fine and then one morning her eye looked really strange. Just like yours. I thought she had hit her eye on something. IT didnt seem to hurt. Then the next day I noticed her eye was swollen. Off to the vet we went.

To make a long story short, she had a cancerous tumor behind her eye, growing in the eye socket. Her eye was removed along with the tumor.

The vet said that in about 6 months I would probably notice swelling again when the tumor returns. HE was right. My Laela is now at the bridge and I miss her so much. She was so shy and sweet.

I hope this isnt the same thing but go have it checked. They discovered it by taking some of the fluid and testing it.

Good luck and please keep us up to date. I will be thinking about her.

Debbie

Definitely a trip to the vet is needed.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'd go to the vet....neither eye looks right. Maybe it's just the camera making the right one look odd though.

I agree, neither eye looks quite right.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest karma98104

Well, home from the vet. The vet flushed her eye, put a stain on it to check for scratches and sent me home with prednisone drops to put in her eye 2x a day. He thinks it's just something simple like something in her eye that is irritating it. If she's not better by Monday we go back. Cross your fingers for me!!

Guest Silver

Personally I think there's more then something just irrtating here eye. I'm in a first responders class and if the puples are uneven like that mean that there's a neurologic problem. Something could be pressing behind the eye.

Guest karma98104

Well, I have a great experienced vet who I trust- so while I'm skeptical as well- I'll do as he says and bring her back Mon morning if things aren't right. I'm worried too :(

oh- and her right eye is just fine- it's just the lighting and my poor photography skills.

good to hear :colgate hoping her other eye gets fixed up easily!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest karma98104

THANK GOD she's on the mend. Her eye is very nearly back to normal right now and we just started the drops :) I'm guessing the flush the vet gave her did the trick.

YEAH!!!! :)

Guest houndlover

Thank goodness her eye is looking better already. Eye issues always worry me and you can never be too careful. I'm glad that you were able to get her to the e vet. Hope she is even better tomorrow.

Guest HeatherDemps

Glad to hear that she is doing better and hope she's even more better (don't think that's correct grammar) tomorrow! :)

Edited by HeatherDemps