Official Introduction For Gabby

Guest bythebeach

Guest bythebeach

Here are our official introduction pictures for Gabby (Pals Sparkles). She came home with us 2 weeks ago today & is adjusting to her retired life pretty well. The first fews days she really didn't know what to think but now she is turning into quite the counter surfer. Her newest nickname is Grabby Gabby. She's done great with our other two dogs but we're still working on some kitty issues.

2nu98i.jpg

34h9qwm.jpg

And yes, she does have a bigger bed!

Edited by bythebeach

Guest goddessgina

Grabby Gabby- :lol She sure is cute, and very clever it sounds like. Sadie used to try to squeeze (and usually did) into little beds too. She actually used to prefer the round beds she could curl up in for nightime.

Guest adoptagreyhound

Isn't she beautiful!! The position she is in in her second picture is one we call the "pretzel" - our newest girl, Ani, pretzels herself all the time. It looks like a Yoga pose or something. Sandy, our first and oldest, is a cockroach all the way. Well, sometimes a sphinx.

I just love how Gabby squeezed herself into a tiny bed. SO cute!!! Do you ever get the feeling they think they're about 10 pounds? Sandy is forever trying to fit herself onto my lap. She doesn't seem to mind the extra bits of her that hang over. She's probably just thinking I need a bigger lap.

You mean they aren't ALL counter surfers???

Madeline

Guest celticfairiemom

Gabby is very pretty! Callie counter surfed once - got the pack of chicken cutlets that was dh's and Rhiannon's dinner <LOL> Fortunately, she responds to "drop" every time (so far)

What a beauty! Love her ears in the first pic!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Gabby ran her maidens at the same time Peanut and her litter did. In Gabby's last race, she ran against Rico (FTH Ricochet) and Jillysfullhouse's Pistol (FTH Sonofagun)

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest bythebeach

Thanks for link. We had actually looked at her racing info before & didn't realize we could also watch the races. Kind of neat to see her run. We were told they retired her because she wasn't very fast.

And Gabby's been very lazy since we got her. A few gallops around the yard & she's ready to go in the house. She's had a couple of long walks & each time has to come home to sleep for a few hours afterward. She's really sweet. It's been amazing to watch her transformation into a house pet.

Guest greyhounds4life

Gabby is beautiful! I love the photo of her in the teeny bed, greyhounds never think they are the size they actually are! LOL. Hope she settles in well.