I'm So Worried...my Heart Is Breaking

Guest K9Cookies

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Kristin.

I'll be waiting "patiently" to hear from you. I should be at work until 12:30-1 and then on my cell.

I'll keep her in my thoughts (like she's left them since Sunday night!) this morning and hope that she's good for the aspirate.

BTW, Dr. Couto says FNA is all that's needed for diagnosis. He replied to me this morning.

Sheila

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Checking back in. Dr. Couto also told us that all we needed was FNA unless the results came back inconclusive and in that case they would remove the entire node for pathology. It only took about 3 minutes to get an aspirate from 6 of her nodes and honestly Lacers didn't even act like it hurt. Sending our prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Checking back in. Dr. Couto also told us that all we needed was FNA unless the results came back inconclusive and in that case they would remove the entire node for pathology. It only took about 3 minutes to get an aspirate from 6 of her nodes and honestly Lacers didn't even act like it hurt. Sending our prayers. :grouphug

Yea, for most dogs an aspirate shouldn't be a problem but little Miss Bonnie is a bit of a drama queen and doesn't like being held, poked or prodded (or her nails done). Hopefully today they'll be able to do it without anesthesia.

Edited by retiredracers

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Yea, for most dogs an aspirate shouldn't be a problem but little Miss Bonnie is a bit of a drama queen and doesn't like being held, poked or prodded (or her nails done). Hopefully today they'll be able to do it without anesthesia.

I don't blame her! :grouphug Sending calm and positive thoughts and prayers for Miss Bonnie and her family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Bonnie is extremely sensitive to "procedures". :rolleyes: It takes three of us and a muzzle to trim her nails. The vet tried to do the aspiration yesterday and DH and I could hear Bonnie screaming in the back. We all decided to bring her this morning and he's going to give her a cocktail of meds through an IV (BAG, he called it)- a painkiller and tranquilizers to calm her down. If that doesn't work, he said he'd just lightly sedate her for less than 5 minutes. The vet just wants to make sure we get a good sample so we don't have to do this again or do the more invasive lymph node removal.

So, we wait.

She's at the vet now. I'm hoping she'll be home in a few hours. The house seems oddly empty with 2 hounds instead of 3. I'm sitting on a couch and there's no hound beside me. :( Bonnie did give me a hug before she was taken back at the vet's office. She hasn't given hugs in a LONG time. Maybe that's her sign to us that everything will be OK. :goodluck

Bonnie is extremely sensitive to "procedures". :rolleyes: It takes three of us and a muzzle to trim her nails. The vet tried to do the aspiration yesterday and DH and I could hear Bonnie screaming in the back. We all decided to bring her this morning and he's going to give her a cocktail of meds through an IV (BAG, he called it)- a painkiller and tranquilizers to calm her down. If that doesn't work, he said he'd just lightly sedate her for less than 5 minutes. The vet just wants to make sure we get a good sample so we don't have to do this again or do the more invasive lymph node removal.

So, we wait.

She's at the vet now. I'm hoping she'll be home in a few hours. The house seems oddly empty with 2 hounds instead of 3. I'm sitting on a couch and there's no hound beside me. :( Bonnie did give me a hug before she was taken back at the vet's office. She hasn't given hugs in a LONG time. Maybe that's her sign to us that everything will be OK. :goodluck

I think Bonnie and Elphie have spent too much time together. :P

I'll be leaving here shortly Kristin so call my cell once you hear something.

So, we wait.

Oh...sweet little girl. Sedation is best when they are anxious...much easier for her and that is what is important. Know that I hold you all in my heart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

More good thoughts coming. And yes, like Burpdog said, babesia is not uncommon in greyhounds. We've had several FL dogs come up with it.

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

^^^ Phew. Someone's already mentioned tick disease to you. Raisin had an enlarged lymph node and it was because of RMSF (Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever). Good thoughts for your baby!

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Back from picking Bonnie up at the vet. I wasn't able to talk to our vet, just a vet tech. She said that nothing is for sure yet. He didn't look at her aspiration slides and say "Yikes, this is cancer", so that's good news right now. They are sending the FNA slides and bloodwork to the lab and she also mentioned sending slides to "a greyhound specific vet", so I imagine our vet has already spoken to Dr. Couto (which just amazes me :blush )

Bonnie is really quiet tonight. We'll let her rest and see what tomorrow brings. I'm not sure if we'll find out results tomorrow or not. I certainly hope so. This waiting game is not fun! Thanks for your support, everyone! :colgate

I know how hard it is to wait. When Angel LaceyLaine had hers done we had to wait over the Labor Day weekend. Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Praying and thinking good thoughts. Hang in there.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Waiting is worst part. Thinking of you while you wait.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren