Har-har's Home!

Guest Jamie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Harlwy is home. I missed his whole original thread so just went and read it. What a nightmare for. What a fighter you are Harley :kiss2

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

This is such an amazing story. Harley is am amazing dog. Thank you for sharing this. Prayers continued for Harley.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending lots of prayers and gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

This situation is getting very hard to deal with and is a complete roller coaster ride. One minute he's up the next he's down. I feel torn and twisted and If it wasn't for Cindy I'd be banging my head off a wall right now.

When James took him back in today he waited around for the results. His liver is getting a bit better but now we're worried about kidney failure. So Harley's staying at the vet and is hooked back up to IV's. They are hoping that having him on fluids will help his kidneys. I hate saying this but...If his kidneys do not improve by tomorrow it will be recommended to put him to sleep. I've been trying to block it out all night but it's so hard not to think about it. He's fought this hard and for this long, his body can't give up on him now. At the same time I will not let my boy suffer from kidney failure.

I'm praying and hoping he keeps up the fight, I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can. I keep telling myself the fluids are going to help, his kidneys are going to get better, and he's coming home soon.

To qoute something Cindy tells me..."I'd give my kidneys for these guys if I had to". In this case if it was possible and it could save him I would give him one of mine without thinking twice, I know James would give him one too!

Thanks again everyone! It means a lot to me to have this kind of support as most other people think I'm nuts for going through this with a dog.

Jamie

To edit my first post the Miza(however it's spelled) isn't for his liver it's to stimulate his appetite, I misheard the vet or wasn't thinking strait at the time.

I was just checking back in on Harley before bed.... I am heartsick hearing this!! :weep

TONS OF PRAYERS tonight for your brave boy that there is good news tomorrow. :hope:candle:hope

:bighug to you and the rest of his caretakers.

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest HeatherDemps

Jamie,

So sorry to hear about this turn- I know it's been so many ups and downs for you and Harley. I hope he hangs in there and that his kidneys hold out!!

Praying for your Harley and for you too. I so hope that he is going to make a turn around. He has fought so hard. Come on Harley. We are all pulling for you on GT.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Wow, You guys and gals are amazing!

Sometime in the middle of the night Harley removed his IV. They redid it this morning along with taking another CBC. So far his kidneys are the same. Since his IV got removed they are going to give him one more day and see from there....so it's still the waiting game. I am hoping since his kidneys didn't get any worse that the fluids tonight are going to help. Amy force fed Harley today, not really hard to do...she'd open his mouth and place it in there and he did the rest after she got started with a few bites he slowly took the rest.

I'm working an early shift tomorrow but will be heading strait to the vets after work no matter what the decision is. I'll keep everyone updated, I'm hoping for good news.

Jamie