No Doggie Yet

Guest KsFrets

Guest KsFrets

Sorry, I don't have any cool pictures yet, because we haven't got a greyhoud to take them of yet. But this forum seems really great, and we are really getting anxious, and I couldn't help myself but to say hi and get my first post over with :unsure Although we have had dogs our whole lives, my wife and I have been dogless for 7 years now...you know, life and work and busy busy busy. We have kept on saying we would get a dog when we retire. Well, guess what? We both retired last month! The fence guys finished our backyard fence yesterday. Our Greyhound adoption application was sent off last week. Tomorrow we drive for an hour to go meet some Greyhounds. Whoever comes home with us is going to meet our 3 kittys and two birdys...and hopefully be able to teach us something about retirement. :colgate

Guest KsFrets

Thank you all for a greyt welcome!!! I like the way Pharaoh handles retirement! You'all know, my lovely bride is a photographer, so you can believe there will be some pictures...lots of them :) Pat, we live in Wichita, near the base!

Guest KsFrets

Thanks again everyone, and it's great to see other owners from Wichita! It's been a wonderfull day today!!! Meet Magnus, a 3 1/2 year old fawn colored male...and the worlds biggest SUCK-UP. I'm not sure if we picked him...it would better be described as him picking my wife Jan. He calmly walked up to her, leaned his head against her, and flashed those big eyes,and he hasen't let her out of his sight since. We promise more better pictures soon, this was the best from today!

7512-167211312008.jpg

Edited by KsFrets

Welcome from sunny Phoenix..Magnus is a handsome soul. Now comes the fun of having a shadow everytime you go to the bathroom, the vanishing loaf of bread from the countertop and the wet cold nose in places you didn't think it could get too.. :lol

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Welcome To GT!!!! And congrats on your new baby Magnus! He is handsome! As you will notice on here they need to have wardrobes of fancy collars and I'm sure it gets cold there so he will need a wardrobe of fleece coats as well to go with his collars. ;)

We can't wait to see more pics of him!!! There are great people on here so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg

Guest KsFrets

Thanks you so much again everyone! I would post more, but we are just beside ourselves with Magnus. He slept all night the first night...and we had to wake him up in the morning!!! He got a looong walk today and behaves way too good on his leash. We went to petsmart today and let him pick out a couple toys, and he got along perfect with the other dogs in there. It's been a fun day! I don't know who's more fun to watch, Magnus, or my wife who has been totally babboosled by his charm :)

P.S. Don't tell my wife that there is a fleece sale going on at Big Lots up the street...I can see the sewing machine going full tilt... :rolleyes::colgate

Edited by KsFrets