Oh Dear, Embarassing Moment At The Vet Today!

Guest Jordan7

Guest Jordan7

I searched this forum a few days ago because i'd noticed Trev had some dark spots on his tummy. I've always known he'd had them but was worried there was more than usual.

The responses all said that if they were raised it'd be worth getting him checked out so we had an appointment this morning.

The vet was down on her knees looking up at his tummy and said "is it these you're worried about?" I replied yes, and she started laughing! She then said "those are his nipples!!!" :blush

I was SOO embarassed! :lol

She did assure me that I wasnt the first and probably wont be the last - whether it was just to make me feel better, i'm not so sure!

Apparently they can get darker and more pronounced through time and that was why i'd probably not noticed them!

Oh dear, i think im still blushing!!

:blush

:rofl I tried to remove one of Turbo's once, thinking it was a tick. He gave me a dirty look and I gave him a closer inspection. Sure enough, nipple.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Jordan7

hehe, oh that's made the redness in my cheeks go down a bit!

I'm sure trev knew i was being stupid as the whole way home he seemed to be giving me the :rolleyes: look!

Guest ZBippy

If it makes you feel any better, it had never even occurred to me that male dogs would have nipples before we got our boys. I hadn't really been around male dogs too much and certainly not males with such short fur. So when I first noticed them, I was kind of taken aback :lol

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I had an elderly adopter call me in a panic saying there were ticks on the old broodie I had gotten her. She said she screamed when she tried to remove them and I must come over IMMEDIATELY before an infestation!!!! Well I zoomed over...

I checked this lil girlie over and over and said I couldnt find them...

The adopter was appalled and said there are like 8 or 10 of them FULLY ENGOOOOORGED!

I asked her to point one out to me....

As you can guess.... it was her nipples.

My reply... Well Mrs X, if someone kept trying to rip your nipples off you'd scream too!!

We had a good laugh!!! :P

ps. That old broodie became mine a lil over a year later... Her name was Greta Garbo! :heart

Guest GiJenn51
Just last night DF asked me, 'Why does Po'boy have nipples if he's a boy?' The only response I could think of was, "I don't know....why do YOU have them??'

IF dogs are like humans, we're all born as girls!!! Boys just have decended ovaries called testicles.

Guest TinasTroops

OMG I needed this today, I am sorry for laughing but OMG LMAO

ack I almost peed my pants!!! :lol:lol:lol

I had an elderly adopter call me in a panic saying there were ticks on the old broodie I had gotten her. She said she screamed when she tried to remove them and I must come over IMMEDIATELY before an infestation!!!! Well I zoomed over...

I checked this lil girlie over and over and said I couldnt find them...

The adopter was appalled and said there are like 8 or 10 of them FULLY ENGOOOOORGED!

I asked her to point one out to me....

As you can guess.... it was her nipples.

My reply... Well Mrs X, if someone kept trying to rip your nipples off you'd scream too!!

We had a good laugh!!! :P

ps. That old broodie became mine a lil over a year later... Her name was Greta Garbo! :heart

Guest gomiesmom

I first thought I saw a blackhead / pimpley thing( having read about GH's & their "belly blackheads" ) ...............I did try to squeeze it a little............ before I got the bright idea to check the other side... and behold........another nipple w/ a black tip......

Funny thread. If we admit it or not, probably 1/2 have at least done it for a split second or two. :lol

The boy doggies really keep some GTers busy.....between the nipples and the swollen (neutered) hoo-hoo, you got me rotfl.gif

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Yeah, we need more threads like these! They are hilarious!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest houndlover

:rofl:rofl:rofl

This post made my day! I also tried to remove what I thought was a tick off of a foster that I was bathing and someone else in the group had to point out that it was a nipple, not a tick. I can't believe that the group even let me foster a dog after that one. hehehehe

Guest Peanut
:rofl I tried to remove one of Turbo's once, thinking it was a tick. He gave me a dirty look and I gave him a closer inspection. Sure enough, nipple.

I tried to do the same on a foster dog. we had gotten 6 dogs in that had ticks... that wasn't one of the ticks, though :blush

Guest greyhound_mommy

I saw a foster at a M&G once and mentioned the one rather large tumor on the poor dog. I said "just incase you didn't see" nicely. He said hun that's on large nipple. I laughed. But in my defence, who has ONE large nipple?