Chyna

Guest LazyBones

Guest LazyBones

i've just been thinking about chyna lately, and today marks two years since we had to let her go. if she were still with us, she would be turning 6 next month. :(

it is so unfair. her death was completely unnecessary and 100% prevantable.

for those who don't know the story.....in 2002, my brother started dating this (insert word that rhymes with "witch"). at first, she seemed like a nice person, and she kinda moved in with us. a short time later, she and my brother wanted to get a puppy. they came home with 9 week old chyna, an amstaff. technically she was my brother's GF's dog, since she paid for the pup. chyna grew up in this house, and we all loved her. her and gumby were friends. pokey didn't really care for her, but for the most part, they tolerated each other. i loved chyna like she was one of my own. some time passed, and my brother and his GF moved out and got a rental house, taking chyna with them. their landlord didn't really want them to haev pets, but they talked him into allowing chyna to live there. she ended up living outside much of the time, which i really didn't like (neither did my brother). however, it seemed like she was being well cared for otherwise. my brother and his GF got married and had a baby. eventually, they ended up moving in with her parents, and chyna was still living outside. anytime mom and i went to visit (at either house), chyna would be so excited to see us, and she'd be the first one i'd greet. eventually, things went sour between brother and his wife, they split up, and he moved in back here. he really missed chyna and felt bad about leaving her, but technically chyna wasn't his dog. right before thanksgiving of 2005, he got a call from his now ex wife, and she told him that she was moving and couldn't take chyna, so she asked if he wanted to take chyna. no hesitation. when he went to pick chyna up, he found that chyna was living in filthy conditions, surrounded by poop, and had no water in sight. chyna was also very thin. when i woke up that day and saw chyna, i was shocked. we took her to the vet for a checkup/vaccinations. we learned she had hookworms, which we easily treated. however, it was also discovered she had heartworms. we started treatment on her. she must have been a favorite at the vet clinic. a time or two i'd go there for something unrelated, and i'd be asked how chyna was doing. unfortunately, though, she did not do well with the treament, and my brother made the decision to have her put down. even the vet who was there during chyna's last vet trip was fighting back tears.

although chyna was not my dog, i loved her like she was my own. and in her final days, it even seemed like she regarded me as her human. i made sure she gots lots of loving and treats. that is what she deserved.

CHYNA REIGN

February 20, 2002 - January 5, 2006

scan_5112841731_1.jpgscan_5111931_1.jpg

000_0083.jpg

scan_5121584958_1.jpg

scan_5112842357_1.jpg

scan_5112842053_1.jpg

scan_58163717_1.jpg

scan_5813204356_1.jpg

Guest Winterwish

:grouphug Just a baby. :( Such a tenderhearted puppydog. :grouphug

I remember when she had to be helped to the bridge and that it was very sad and painful for you. I'm sorry for your sadness Kellie,and hope Chyna has sent a sign of her presence with you. :candle:f_pink

She was a beautiful dog. :bighug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:bighug I am so sorry! But know she is running free at the rainbow bridge.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I remember when you posted about Chyna 2 years ago. It was very sad. I'm glad that she had the love she deserved but sad that she didn't have it long enough.

Hugs for you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Remembering Chyna with you. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, what a sad story :(:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting