Our New Girlie

Guest Dinamos

Guest Dinamos

Well, I've been reading on this forum for some time now and thought it was time for me to post.

We lost our lovely girlie "Jilly" on July 30, 2007 due to cancer. She was with us for 8 years, having adopted/rescued her from Florida at the age of 4. She was a beautiful girlie inside and out and we miss her terribly. So do our 2 labs, Molly and Hudson. She was the boss lady and kept them in line. She helped raise Hudson from a puppy. He was a handful and she really had her work cut out for her. She did an amazing job. Goodness knows he tried her patience each and every day. She did everything she could think of to keep him in line and to teach him how to be a good and respectful dog with love and tenderness always.

Jilly simply can't be replaced, but after having a greyhound we knew we would have to rescue another. I'm sure Jilly would want that too.....to rescue one of her buddies. So, without further delay, I would like to introduce our new girlie that we have just rescued also from Florida. Her name is Masala but we we will shorten it to Mya. She is currently in a foster home for the next 10 days and then will make her way to her forever home (ours). Her grandfather was Molotov and her great grandfather was HB Commander. We are so exited and can't wait for her to come home.

Here is her picture (I hope I did it right) with many more to follow.

Masala.jpg

Audrey

Ontario, Canada

Congrats! She's a beauty!

She's related to my Scout. Her grandfather is also Molotov and great grandfather is HB Commander. They have different fathers' though. I checked your baby out on greyound-data.

Jilly sounds like a wonderful pup. I'm sure she is happy that you rescued another grey. :colgate

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest Dinamos

She's related to my Scout. Her grandfather is also Molotov and great grandfather is HB Commander. They have different fathers' though. I checked your baby out on greyound-data.

Jilly sounds like a wonderful pup. I'm sure she is happy that you rescued another grey. :colgate

Hi Patty.

Wow, what a small world, eh? What was your Scout's racing name? Which track did she come from?

When I think about our new pupper Masala I get all misty inside. I wonder how I'll be when she comes home in a few days. :eek

Jilly was a beautiful red fawn. Her racing name was Urbans Barbie. Masala (Mya) is very different, as you know, being a beautiful dark brindle. Of course, this doesn't matter other than I just couldn't get another red fawn after Jilly's passing.

We have been told that Masala is an absolute sweetheart and justs wants to love on everyone (a social butterfly).

She will be my birthday/Christmas present. I simply can't wait.

Audrey

Ontario, Canada

Hi Patty.

Wow, what a small world, eh? What was your Scout's racing name? Which track did she come from?

Scout never raced. Some of her siblings raced in Raynham, MA. Her history is a mystery to us. Scout ended up in Oklahoma and then we adopted her and now she is in Missouri. She just turned 2 in November and we adopted her in September. We think the reason she didn't race may be because of an injury. She has a back foot with a reflex problem according to my vet. It doesn't keep her from running in our yard, but may have prevented a racing career. Scout was her original name. She tried to change it to Katie, but she preferred Scout and is definitely more of a Scout than a Katie. :lol

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

She is stunning! :wub: Congratulations :confetti

(Condolences on your loss of Jilly - I'm sure she's very happy to know Mya will be taking over her duties.)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Dinamos
She is stunning! :wub: Congratulations :confetti

(Condolences on your loss of Jilly - I'm sure she's very happy to know Mya will be taking over her duties.)

Thank you Deirdre.

I know it's never easy for anyone, but it's always very hard for me when one of my furkids passes on. It can take a long time for me to heal.

I still mourn the loss of my heart dog "Jack", my beautiful black lab who passed 3 years ago. However, I must learn to move on and to think back on all the beautiful moments that we had together. I know my life is so much richer for having had him and Jilly in it.

Like all greyhound lovers, we will welcome Mya's arrival and try our best to give her the life she so deserves. I am ready to love her with all my heart.

Audrey

Ontario, Canada

Guest trevdog

She's pretty! Where in FL did she race? You'll have to get her some booties for that cold weather up there!

My boy gets chilly when it gets below 50 here, he's so used to the FL sun.....

Guest loveagrey

Congratulation and welcome from Hamilton, Ontario!

Trap is also from Florida - he raced at Melbourne (unsuccesfully I might add :) )

Mya is a gorgeous girl!!!

Guest gapeach1

Wow! Masala is a real beauty!! She has some really soulful eyes!! I believe that she's also related to my Pookie (Se's Run Upfront). Pookie has both the HB Commander, Molotov, and Kiowa Sweet Trey lineage.

I'm sure that your holidays will be brightened with your latest treasure!

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new addition, she's a beauty! One never replaces another, but they surely do help heal a broken heart begin to heal.

I look forward to hearing more about her and seeing pictures.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome to Greytalk, From Camridge, ON

Our Shadow is grandson of Molotov also. If they ever had a family re-union, it would be hard to find any place big enough to hold the party.

Mya is beautiful and I know how big of a hole she has to fill. Give her time and she will!!

Where in Ontario are you?

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

Guest Dinamos

Hi there too!

Well, we are in Burlington, ON. Yes, I think Molotov was a very busy boy when it comes to breeding. :-) His name is everywhere.

Mya is scheduled to come home tommorrow night. I'm so excited. I hope my two labbies accept her and that everything goes smoothly.

Yes, our family misses Jilly terribly. She was an awesome girlie. I think it might feel a little strange for a couple of days but I believe we are ready to open our hearts to another. I have a feeling Mya will win us over in no time at all !!

Audrey

Burlington, On

Congratulations! She's lovely. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greyhidden

Dinamos, you sound so happy; no wonder, U will have your grey soon. I cry alittle each time I read that someone is getting a grey. 10-1-07 I had to "down" my iggie(italian Grey); she was my life; wanted a grey, but my 91 yr old mom says she can't handle the big ones. So I settled for a male whippet mix from a shelter; will have to wait till either one of them pass to Jesus to get my grey. I go to MNGreets with my greyhound friends up in Elmhurst, IL once a month; hug the greys, it lifts my soul so high seeing these big guys!! So I know how excited U R being about the arrival of a new grey to your home. God bless for saving one and giving it a new home.