Bella's Osteo Update

Guest BellnRell

Guest LolasMom

Sending prayers for Bella this morning. So good to hear that she had a successful surgery and is recovering well. I hope you're feeling better as well :grouphug .

Guest BellnRell

Bella is home, but had a rough night. She would sleep for about 2 hours or so then wake up and start fussing and whining a bunch. I wasn't sure if she was in pain or what. We took a few trips outside to go potty, but she kept fussing. I called the vet this morning and told them that yes, she had had all of her pain meds. They said she shouldn't be in pain then with all that medication. We can't figure out why she's whining so much. Probably due to the leg. Poor thing. :( I hope tonight goes better.

Sending prayers for Bella. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

She still isn’t eating much, but the tech thinks it’s because she doesn’t like their brand of dog food. They are heating up a few different things and trying them out. (I think she may be milking it and seeing what the "buffet" they have to offer is ).

She deserves to milk it, bless her sweet heart :) Now that she's home, serve some yummy stuff (Jack Mackeral? Tripe?) and she'll develop an appetite. Hope you're feeling better too!

Awww, poor Bella and poor you :grouphug Things *will* get better over the next few days, but this is a horrid time :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry that you are both going through this horrible disease. Happy to hear she's doing well.

Sending prayers and hugs to you both and a full recovery for Bella.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest BellnRell

Bella is feeling much better and starting to act like her old self. She is now sleeping through the night. She got her bandages taken off on Friday at the vet, and her first round of chemo. The chemo only took 20 minutes since the bloodwork was done earlier that week before surgery. Test results came back and confirmed that she did have osteosarcoma in the leg, but her lymph node came back clear, which is good news. As far as we can tell, the cancer hasn't spread to any other systems. So the chemo will hopefully help. In a way it's nice to know it was osteo, as I would feel terrible if it were something else and the amputation had been done.

We are keeping Bella wrapped up with a felt wrap under a T-shirt. The wraps are what go around horses legs, but my mom had extra so we modified them to wrap her up. We wanted to give her a little extra padding over the incision in case she fell. And the T-shirt is keeping her away from her incision. She's wearing my Muddy Buddy shirt. :)

She's doing much better about walking. We call her hoppy dog or pogo dog. She kind of pogos on the front leg. She's learning that she can lean against all sorts of stuff when standing around. And of course she has figured out how to get back up on the couch. She even goes through the dog door on her own. We got an extra large one so that it would be easier for her to step through.

She is going to stay at my parent's house for another 2 weeks until the incision has healed. Then we will bring them over to our house when we are off of work for 2 weeks to help her and Corelle get used to the new place.

Thank you all for your well wishes these past few days!

It sounds like she's doing *very* well. Scritchies from us, and prayers for a long long time pogoing around!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LolasMom

I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling more like herself and adjusting so quickly. Many more prayers and well wishes coming for miss poggo dog...sweet Bella. :wub::wub:

Guest Winterwish

Oh I hadn't seen this and was wondering how Bella was. I hope she'll continue to improve and feel much better. Get well wishes sent out for Bella and a hug for each of you. :dogcookie:hope:bighug

Glad to hear that she's recovering nicely :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Good to see Bella is doing so well. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending more prayers for Bella. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just catching up on this now... glad to hear that she is doing well. Our Carrier had the same surgery on Oct 31 and was walking no problem as soon as his head wasn't messed up with so much medication. Send good thoughts for a smooth recovery and she can soon be home.