Tapsy "traveler's Song" Young

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Ah, the email that’s so hard to write. Have you ever had a “spook” dog? Who knew what a gift that could be – it’s like watching a rose bud bloom into the most beautiful flower. Tapsy came into our lives well over 7 years ago; we set him free from pain November 28, 2007 at 4:00. His head was cradled in my arms with his Daddy and I telling him what a good dog he was and how much he was loved.

It took Tapsy over three days to let his new Daddy get any where near him. He loved his crate those first few days in the house, didn’t know what to make of sliding glass doors and has been the only dog to rip a leash right out of my hands and run from me during a July 4th neighborhood party. Once Tapsy learned to love his Daddy, there was NO turning back. They became the BEST of buddies. In fact, you haven’t lived until you’ve seen your spouse down on the floor teaching a dog to jump up on the bed! For 7+ years, Tapsy slept right smack in between DH and I even using Barry’s pillow for his head!

GH-L members may remember Tapsy’s first vet humiliation. I insisted he had a tumor on his unit. So – contact the vet and in we go. Well, the “tumor” was the part of his “unit” that keeps the male dog attached to the female dog while “partying”. Never having had a male dog (without fur there), I was convinced this beautiful creature was going to be leaving us as soon as he came to us. I’ll have you know, to this day, that particular vet STILL tells that story anytime he sees us! Then there’s the first time he met Karen McDonnel from The Goldenhound. We were at the PG Inc reunion picnic at Pinchot Park. Karen had her lovely jewelry on a reasonably stable folding table (the 6 foot kind). Well, I guess Tapsy decided he wanted to personally pick out a piece of jewelry for his mommy. The next thing we knew – there’s Tapsy on TOP of the table which quickly proceeded to collapse, sending jewelry everywhere. Tapsy fell, I stepped backwards and on to Shania who screamed like she was being murdered.

PA020022.jpg Tapsy at the Book store at Dewey

The stories could go on and on. Now, if only their lives could go on and on. Tapsy was diagnosed on the 16th of the month with Wobblers’ Disease; we were back at the vet’s on Thanksgiving Eve convinced we were losing him that night but we tried one more, stronger dose of meds. He improved slightly over the weekend for his follow up vet visit on Monday. Unfortunately, he went the exact opposite direction on Tuesday and it was becoming clear it was time. The vets now believe there was something more going on than just his spine. It’s funny – I always write to people letting them know what a wonderful gift they have given to their pet for making that final decision; it’s better to go one day too early than one day too late. All greyt words and I do believe but, boy, I just want to scream in agony right now – isn’t that selfish?

Run free and happy my sweet boy; I saw you today in my mind’s eye and you were galloping through a field – you were as beautiful as ever. I will take comfort in your pictures and my memories. My life is better for having been loved by you.

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Tapsy :cry1

Please know that my heart hurts with yours :grouphug :grouphug

Tapsy has a bevy of wonderful grey and non-grey friends over the bridge to play with now! :angel:)

Guest bowiebears

My sympathies on your loss.

The memories of the love we share with our furkids is truly a remarkable gift and blessing.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--isaac

A lovely tribute to your Tapsy. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful home and he knew he was loved. You have many special memories of your life with him. I hope in time it will help ease your heartache at his loss and bring a smile to your face when you think of all the happy moments.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you as I read your post. Tapsy has been in my prayers since you first posted about his diagnosis.

What a handsome angel. He will always be loved.

I'm sorry. I was watching your posts and hoping hoping hoping he'd continue to improve a bit.

Godspeed, beloved.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug Your tribute is beautiful, may you find peace in your loving memories and laughter when thinking about Tapsy jumping up on that table.

Godspeed Tapsy :f_red

... All greyt words and I do believe but, boy, I just want to scream in agony right now – isn’t that selfish?

Not selfish at all, just very sadly normal. I'm very sorry for your loss.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Another beautiful angel. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project