Ext Repeat : 4.13.02 - 11.05.07

Guest orchidman

There comes a time when we finally feel the strength to pull away from our heartache. Never completely letting go. Looking over our shoulder for just one more glimpse of our lost loved one.

We begin to come back to the present, to those other furred and skin beings in our life. They mourn with us and also for us as our hearts have been unavailable to them in our grief.

There is no set time frame for recovery. One day it will come to you, and when you open your eyes there will be Bebe and Flippy asking for a cookie.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TriciasZoo
There comes a time when we finally feel the strength to pull away from our heartache. Never completely letting go. Looking over our shoulder for just one more glimpse of our lost loved one.

We begin to come back to the present, to those other furred and skin beings in our life. They mourn with us and also for us as our hearts have been unavailable to them in our grief.

There is no set time frame for recovery. One day it will come to you, and when you open your eyes there will be Bebe and Flippy asking for a cookie.

Ducky, I want EVERYONE to know what a rock you have been for me. You are amazing, one of my most special friends, and so very dear to my heart. Thank you for never giving up on me. :bighug:f_pink

Trish, I am sooo sorry for your loss. Peatie would have loved to have stayed longer but we all know he had to go then. I feel so lousy for not seeing your siggie 'til now. My time online has been limited since I've been busy.

You are taking this very well, no matter what you think! When my green iguana girl passed, I couldn't speak about her for a week at work and then when I thought it was safe to announce her death, I bawled my eyes out because my coworker decided to give me a hug. At work. I had to choke back more tears like I was fighting for my next breath. Just be careful, that is my only advice. Crying has to help a little.

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Guest TriciasZoo

The pain worsened yesterday, as I went to pick him up at the vets and he was in the wrong urn. :( I'm sure I don't have to type much more than that for you to imagine what I went through. I can only liken it to walking into your mother's funeral and seeing her in the wrong clothes and wrong coffin and they're playing a song she hated. :( Yes, it's being fixed, but my heart :brokenheart won't be so quick to mend. It's set me into a horrid fibro flare, right before our weekend get away. I can only hope getting out for a couple of days will do some good, while at the same time I'll be worrying and missing my "kids".

I would like to thank EVERYONE for your words and support. It's far more than I EVER imagined, but there are some special individuals that I need to thank, that I haven't had the strength to.

Ducky, you know you're my rock, my fair Duckmother, my friend, my mentor, my support.... Thank you for the Burpdogs. I know you meant for Peatie to be able to enjoy them along with his sisters, and I know he would have adored you even more for his favorite treats. Unfortunately Peatie left us too quickly, even if the post office wouldn't have confiscated them, holding them for ransom (ok - may a little dramatic, but they COULD have left them, like the do most packages, on my porch.) Thank you AND Diane for sending a replacement box. That wasn't necessary, but I assure you the girls thank both of you from the bottom of their hearts and tummies.

Josee', oh darling, you Marc and Tuffy.....The most beautiful portrait of a brindle greyhound angle from Kevin Z. It will have a place of honor in the living room. It looks so much like our sweet Peatie. I shed many tears when I opened it. I just wish I was close enough to give you the hug you deserve for this wonderful surprise. Now I'll feel him with us all the time, flying above, watching over us.

Jessica and Ellen, Flippy thanks you PROFUSELY for her giggle Eggplant, and claims you are now her favorite Aunties. She's easily bribed by anything stuffy. And most of all, even though it's not complete, for the plans for a collar named after our sweet Peatie. I am touched, as is DH, and I'm sure Peatie would be honored to have you designing a tribute collar to him.

Jenn, thank you for such quick work on a beautiful signature. I love the leaves, as fall is my favorite time of year, and it pays a beautiful tribute to Peatie. Thanks, my friend.

I could name soooo many more people that have offered moral support online and on the phone, but I'd certainly miss some, as I've literally received hundreds of posts, IMs, PMs, and emails. So a great big THANK YOU to the greyhound community for reaching out to me.

I love you all like family,

Trish and the Zoo :wub:

Edited by TriciasZoo

Josee', oh darling, you Marc and Tuffy.....The most beautiful portrait of a brindle greyhound angle from Kevin Z. It will have a place of honor in the living room. It looks so much like our sweet Peatie. I shed many tears when I opened it. I just wish I was close enough to give you the hug you deserve for this wonderful surprise. Now I'll feel him with us all the time, flying above, watching over us.

The minute I saw that print I teared up and knew you needed it, somewhere in your house.

Someday I'll hug you for real, but for now :bighug

:kiss2

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest TriciasZoo

The minute I saw that print I teared up and knew you needed it, somewhere in your house.

Someday I'll hug you for real, but for now :bighug

:kiss2

Yes you will. I'm afraid I have the rounds to make up there in Canada. :)

Guest Houndbound

Tricia,

Peaty left the physical world, but I know he'll always be in your heart! He was too young to go to the bridge, they all are too young to leave us to remember...

I heard so much about Peatie I feel I knew him without meeting him. That's a sign of true love and that you gave over all of your heart to him. I'd personally like to say thank you for giving him (and the zoo) everything you did.

Your friend in grief

Denis

AKA Houndbound or Glasshound

Guest TriciasZoo

Thank you. We didn't even have Peatie two years. It was such a short time, but I am seeing now how many lives he touched, from all of you to my patients. Sam can't replace him, but I am glad we could give Sam a home for the holidays and that he is such a loving hound who has fit in perfectly with the girls. I think it's because he's such a hottie. *chuckle* He has many Peatie traits and some that are completely SAM. He and the girls are all helping me heal. I'm worried about Christmas without him, as anyone would be with a Holiday after losing a loved one. :(