Ext Repeat : 4.13.02 - 11.05.07

Guest orchidman

Guest blastsmom

Trish

words can't say what I am feeling....sitting here crying at work........ He is with my Bullett now.......

hugs...hugs......hugs.......hugs.......hugs

Terri

Blastsmom

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trish, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious boy. I know your heart is breaking. Don't worry that you haven't written his beautiful tribute yet. I said on CoG that we have already seen part of that tribute, by being able to share this very special boy, and by seeing the love that you brought to each other's lives. That is a tribute to Peatie that will live on as long as he is remembered by the many people who's lives he touched.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Trish, I am so very sorry to read this. My heart breaks for you. Know you have all our love and support and know are angels are all running together "Somewhere Over The Rainbow."

Guest TriciasZoo
I'm gonna look for Peatie's star tonight...

Peatie will be in our hearts forever.... one of the beloved GT bridge angels.

Run Free Peatie.....

:bighug

Did you see him?

Trish, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

It seems like yesterday when my Sahra was Peatie's Secret Valentine... it is not fair that he was taken away so quickly!

Run free sweet boy! and send your mom a sign, so she knows you are alright.

Aww, I'd forgotten about that. That was a really sweet time. They made a cute couple. :)

Trish and Adrian, I am so sorry for your loss. Peatie was a very special dog.

Dear mom and dad,

I'm OK. Nothing hurts anymore.

My first home was nice, but I was meant to be with you guys.

I knew my mission long before I was born: to help humans and Bebe. You and Bebe were my destiny. Beebs was such a mixed up little girlie. All it took was a big brother to guide her to a less-stressed life. I loved cuddling with you and her.

Mom, I know you are worrying about Bebe now that I'm gone. She really has grown up and is more secure. I told Flippy some things to do to cheer her up if she gets blue.

Dad Adrian, you were just the best dad ever. Our house was almost like an ark- dogs, turtles, birds, orchids, and ferrets- but you always made it feel like a home and you take such good care of mom.

I liked going to the hospice place. Old people needed lovin' too and mom and I had plenty to share.

I did my job here on earth just a little too well and left you guys too soon.

I am happy to report that I've met Nellie, and Oliver and Comet and Scarlett and all those other bridge kids you told me about. I have been really busy sniffing butts and checking out all the cloud-soft beds up here.

Last week I sent an ESP message to my Fairy Duckmother to order some Burpdog cookies. I know UPS doesn't deliver up here so when the cookies get to Tennessee and I want you to have a little party. Something tells that Beebs and Flippy are gonna have a major wiggle & sniff over that box of goodies.

Mom and Adrian, have no regrets, you gave me all I ever wanted and more.

Love, Peatie

I will miss you too Peatie.

I know we've talked on the phone, but I want to say again, how much this meant to me, Ducky. It is beautiful, and I will always treasure it. I do believe if Peatie could talk or could write to me from Heaven, he'd say exactly what you did for him. I love ya, Fairy Duckmother, and that goes for Mac too. Talking to you helped strengthen me as well.

Trish-- my heart hurts for you. It is my honor to something for you in honor of Peatie. :kiss2

I appreciate it so much. Trudy and I are trying to get it the right size. I can't seem to get it small enough. :( It is a beautiful signature, especially since fall is my favorite time of year, and the background is those beautiful fall leaves. Thank you for sharing your talent with me. You would THINK as much as I use PS I'd be able to make signatures, but alas I just don't have the creativity. Thank you again, Jenn.

Guest TriciasZoo
Trish, I too, have been trying to find the words when I know that there are none that will make it any easier for you :cry1

Godspeed "Stinky" Run Free.... :gh_run

He will always be "Stinky" to me and Stinky will forever hold a special place in my heart! :beatheart

Remember how we had to make a rug path for him in your house? When I took him to the nursing home the first time, he acted like slippery floors were no big deal and trotted right in.

His urn was ordered today. If you go to www.peturns.com and put in code 38301 and look at the figurine urns. I got that in walnut with the brindle greyhound. The Plaque will read, by line: 1. PEATIE 2. Ext Repeat 3. 04.13.07-11.05.07 4. We'll Meet at the Bridge. He will come home next week.

I've been MIA lately, so I missed this. Peatie had lymphoma? Sounds like he went quickly. I lost my first grey to lymphoma and it sounds so similar. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's so hard...

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I keep putting off saying anything, because this just makes me so damn sad. I am so sorry.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope Peatie soon sends you a sign that he is ok and you will be too.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Run free, sweet boy. That pretty girl that met you, that was Nellie. She'll show you the ropes, as will all the other hounds surrounding you now. We'll meet again some day, Peatie. Until then, don't forget how much I love you.

I think you said it all! I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers and understanding!

Guest TriciasZoo
Run free, sweet boy. That pretty girl that met you, that was Nellie. She'll show you the ropes, as will all the other hounds surrounding you now. We'll meet again some day, Peatie. Until then, don't forget how much I love you.

I think you said it all! I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers and understanding!

And I remembered I didn't have to tell him who she was. He met her before she was lost to osteo. So I'm sure he was glad to have a friend there waiting for him.

Guest TriciasZoo

It just happened so fast. It was only a matter of a couple of weeks. That feels so unfair to me. So unfair. After Dr. Couto tells me Lymphoma is one of the easier to treat, we never got a chance to start the treatments. :(

Guest TriciasZoo

I still don't have the words for the tribute Peatie deserves, but I did receive a sign from him yesterday. We were driving into the sun on a partly cloudy afternoon. A very bright and sunny day, but fluffy clouds scattered about. In between two of these clouds was a perfect rainbow. No precipitation anywhere. I even double checked on the computer. I've never seen anything like it without precip. Thanks Peatie. I'm glad you got there safe. :wub:

I admit that I'm not coping too heroically at this point. I am still crying very easily, and unable to talk about him a lot, hence not able to write a tribute yet. :cry1 But .I so deeply appreciate all of the support I've gotten, from posts, to IMs, PMs, emails, mail, phone calls, etc. Every word is greatly appreciated and I thank everyone of you who's even sent a hug. THANK YOU greyhound family. :bighug :bighug