Our First Greyhound!

Guest TexasButterfly

Guest TexasButterfly

Ok, I had this nice intro typed up in here and clicked the wrong stupid button!!! Anyways.....

My husband and I adopted Toni yesterday from Homes4hounds. She's 9 years old and she is super sweet!!! She just loves to lie around on her Hello Kitty blanket all day. :colgate We also have a 15 month old Beagle named Roscoe. We're hoping she can calm him down a little and maybe teach him some manners!!! Here's some pics!

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

Guest adriahna

Congratulations, and welcome to the community! My Desiree (the first greyhound I adopted and quite a character) was 7 when she fell into my lap - I think it's wonderful that your girlie is a senior, too. You will find such happiness in her, and a greatly supportive group on this site. So happy to have you here!

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the MD 'burbs of DC!

She's a beautiful girl!

Blessings on you for taking in an 'older woman'!

We have a 12.5 y/o male and a recent addition of a girl who'll be 8 in 3 weeks!

--Isaac

Welcome! She is beautiful. She looks a lot like my almost 13 year old Foxy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest CygnetC

Yay! Welcome over here. (Pssst! This is SisMorphine from the other board :colgate ).

Wally and Toni are related, they both have HB's Commander as their Grandaddy!!

You'll find a lot of great info on here for owning your first Grey. It's definitely NOT like owning any other breed of dog. Welcome to the secret club :lol

Welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds! She's lovely! Congratulations! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest TexasButterfly

Well, the only thing I know really know about her is her previous owner's name and that she's had 4 litters of puppies, totaling 31, and her racing history and pedigree. She had her last litter in January of 2006 and I don't think she should ever have been bred that many times or that late in life. Her birthday is July 6, 1998; which we will always remember the date because we were married on July 5th. I don't know how she was kept or treated before but I DO know that she is being totally spoiled here.

She kind of hunkers when you pet her, not so bad anymore. She's generally shy. She'll come to you but with her head down. I really hope she wasn't treated badly. :angryfire Makes me mad just to think about it. She will stay in her crate all day if you let her, so I get her out and shut the door so she will lie in the living room with us. She LOVES to be brushed and petted. I will be glad when she adjusts to being here and comes out of her shell. She is the sweetest girl I've ever been around.

She LOVES my husband too. She perks up more with him and he loves it. I don't think he's ever going to want to live with any other breed ever again after Toni.

She keeps our Beagle in line too!!!

Thank you for the compliments!! She is a beautiful girl. :colgate