Scotland Calling ...

Guest Eric_Kiltie

Guest Eric_Kiltie

Hi Folks,

I'm posting this from a not so sunny Scotland.

We're in the north east - not too far from Aberdeen.

Around three months ago, Meg came to live with us. Here she is ...

PHpic.jpg

She's around five years old and did race although we can't trace her history.

She went through a couple of homes before she came to us but she's stuck with us forever now.

I know many of you will beg to differ but, in my opinion, Meg is most definately the best dog the world.

We're still working on recall. If she sees another dog, she's off and not even the offer of a bit of sausage will stop her. She also hates rabbits but luckily hasn't had the opportunity to go after one yet.

Anyway, that's that, just saying hello.

Cheers,

Eric :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC!

There's an Aberdeen here in Maryland, too...but not so well know (?!) as yours!

Meg is a stunner. I love the black hounds so much!

--isaac

Guest Chynagirl
:wave Welcome Eric and Meg from a transplanted Scot in Florida (originally from outside Glasgow). Meg is gorgeous and we're looking forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Guest Eric_Kiltie

Thanks peeps. :)

There's an incredible amount of information on here - it'll take me a while to sift through it.

This is our first experience of having a greyhound ... in fact, it's our first experience of having a dog.

Haven't lost her yet but last night was close. She went after a deer when we were out for the bed time walk. Luckily I had some nice bits of roast beef in my pocket and the noise of the bag rustling was apparently more interesting than the chase.

What is she looking at in that picture?

The photo was taken by Loch Garten and I remember there was a skein of geese coming in to land when we were on that walk. She may have been looking up at them.

... we're looking forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Okay doke, here's another. This was taken just a couple of days after she came to us. As you can see, she was really suffering with the stress of being rehomed. ;)

DSCF0048.jpg

Cheers,

:welcome Hi Eric, Welcome to GT. Its greyt that Meg has found her forever home with you. She is a beautiful houndie girl! :gh_run2 Mimi, Sterling and Kelsey

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest JJStingersMom

:welcome to greytalk. you have a very googlooking grey. I love the coat. Where did you find it?

:ghplaybow

Edited by JJStingersMom

Guest Eric_Kiltie
I love the coat. Where did you find it?

Funnily enough, my wife Steph got it mail order from a company on your side of the Atlantic ... here.

The prices are particularly attractive to us 'cos of the exchange rate at the moment (approx. $2 to £1) ... sorry folks. ;)

Cheers,

Guest Eric_Kiltie

Mags,

Click the link in my post above.

The order took about 10 days to arrive.

It's top quality.

The prices look good but there's duty to pay as well remember.

I can't remember what it was but, say, roughly the VAT rate (17.5%).

We got the winter coat as well (with the attached snood). It's brilliant.

The one in the pic is a fleece material - good for when it's dry but a wee bit nippy.

I posted something up about this kit on the GAGAH site a wee while ago. I think the title of the post was "Meg's winter wardrobe".

Hoots!

Congratulations!

What a pretty girl.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest Mags123

Thanks Eric. I wondered about the coat, thought you might have got it in the UK. I find it hard to get the really good greyhound stuff from the UK. I have just ordered 2 new collars from the States. The website looks good - I will have a good look.

Meg is absoloutely beautiful and it's great she has such a nice place to live and go for walks. We also got our grey not so long ago and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. Since he came to stay we have noticed more people with greyhounds when we are out walking which is great to see. Do you see a lot of other greys in the Aberdeen area?

Once again, congratulations, and thanks for the info regarding the coats.

Mags