I Am A Little Worried About Monty

Guest greytmonty

Personally--I know you don't want to hear this but, I would have it removed. There are some round cell tumors that can be quite bothersome. Why set yourself up for possible trouble in the future. Have it removed while it's small and have it biopsied. That way it's off and you'll have a definite diagnoses. The best place for that lump is in the trashcan. Maybe you can have the teeth cleaned while he's under??

Guest greytmonty
Personally--I know you don't want to hear this but, I would have it removed. There are some round cell tumors that can be quite bothersome. Why set yourself up for possible trouble in the future. Have it removed while it's small and have it biopsied. That way it's off and you'll have a definite diagnoses. The best place for that lump is in the trashcan. Maybe you can have the teeth cleaned while he's under??

Actually that is what I am thinking, if it wasn't for the darn anesthesia which makes me very nervous.I read online (I know, I shouldn't do that) and these round cell tumors can be nothing or they can be bad. augh.

any others agree with tbhounds?

Well, you trust your derm vet, right, and if he's comfortable with this course of action, that's probably what I would do.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greytmonty
Well, you trust your derm vet, right, and if he's comfortable with this course of action, that's probably what I would do.

Thanks Melanie. I will wait the three to four weeks and then see how Monty is. My vet is great, I am just not that good at wait and see.......

Tess had seven on her belly. If I remember though they were a little redder than the one you posted. We had them removed and biopsied and one was not good and the other six were ok. They haven't come back, but like I said earlier she likes to sun bath so she get more. We have them removed. This last spring when he took the 7 off he told me to use sun block, so we did and she hasn't had any more come up .

Ruth

Guest greytmonty
Tess had seven on her belly. If I remember though they were a little redder than the one you posted. We had them removed and biopsied and one was not good and the other six were ok. They haven't come back, but like I said earlier she likes to sun bath so she get more. We have them removed. This last spring when he took the 7 off he told me to use sun block, so we did and she hasn't had any more come up .

Ruth

Thanks for this info.

DH looks at me like I am nuts when monty gets his raincoat on for walkies, so I can imagine the look for sunblock! :blink::lol

However if it works I will do it.

what kind did you use, a spray on or a cream?

I use the Coppertone Baby Spray. It's SPF 50. My Tess is crazy for the sun. She tans on all 4 sides but the only parts that really need spraying in inside her back legs and tummy , where the hair is really thin. She loves to roach in the sun.

Hope this helps.

Ruth