I Am A Little Worried About Monty

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

OK, a little knowledge is dangerous, and I have only a little knowledge in this area.

Monty had an otherwise good check up with the derm vet.

He has a red spot which the vet aspirated and didn't find much signs of infection, and it doesn't look like Monty's other infections he has had on his skin. It is red and raised and smooth on top and about the size of a quarter.

The vet is sending the slide up to pathology to look. He mentioned that it may be nothing or it could be a cancerous growth and need treatment.

I didn't get nervous until I got home. I read a bit about hemangiosarcoma and am now worried.

Any advice appreciated.

I cannot post a pic right now as DH is away til tomorrow but I can post one tomorrow night.

AUGH.

Edited by greytmonty

Guest jurishound

Wish I could follow this advice myself, but try not to worry. Stormy had something that fit that description and the vet wasn't concerned about it. It sloughed off after a while and there has been no sign of it since. Good thoughts coming your way!

Edited by jurishound

Guest greytmonty
:bighug to you my friend, and scritches and :kiss2 to handsome Monty

is it ironic I made a typo on his name and had Money till I corrected it??

That's because the vet sees him coming and says, "Oh, here is my dear Money!" :lol

Guest greytmonty
:lol

Don't fret till you get the results because there may be nothing to fret about and if there is something to fret about you won't be able to fret properly because you will be all worn out.....

That is so true, but if you look up "fretting" in the dictionary there is a picture of me! :blink::lol

Sending prayers that this is a nothing! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Hey Karen,

Sending prayers your way!!!!! WITH LOTS OF HUGS!!!! :bighug :bighug :grouphug

Keep in mind, vet told me Gunny had kidney failure, and it turned out to be a big nothing, and lots of wasted energy!!!

Don't make yourself crazy... stay off the internet except for Greytalk and e-mail!!! Wait for the derm vet to call.

When will you hear something?

Big hugs to you and my boyfriend!

Guest greytexplorer

when did this pop up? did it grow fast or slow?

Ester has the same coloring as Monty, so I am interested in hearing what the derm vet says.

Don't get worried in advance. Could be a benign cutaneous histiocytoma -- they often go away on their own.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My Tess gets spots like that and sometimes they are redder on her tummy. We go have them removed and she is fine. I do have to use sun block on her tummy all the time because I can't keep her from sun bathing. That's her greytest joy. He said they are skin cancers but not always, so we have them removed just to be safe. They don't seem to bother her at all but drive me crazy. We use the Coppertone baby spray SPF 50 and that seems to help a lot.

Wait until you the vet calls before you start fretting to much or you'll really go nuts. Chin up and think positive.

Ruth

Please don't stress yourself. There's nothing to freak about until there is something to freak about.

Monty will pick up on your nervous energy and that's not good for him. ;)

Please update as soon as you can.

You KNOW you are in our thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytmonty
when did this pop up? did it grow fast or slow?

Ester has the same coloring as Monty, so I am interested in hearing what the derm vet says.

Because Monty has so many skin problems I cannot be sure. It has definitely grown over the last 4 weeks as my derm vet didn't remark on it 4 weeks ago. Monty has lots of blotches and spots from his infections, so initially I thought it was that, but he really emphasized that this is something very different.

My advice is the same as everyone else - stop fretting or Monty will pick up on it. Of course, this is spoken from the champion "fretter" who is right now fretting because Bodie's rear end is turning red again. Our poor boys don't deserve all of this - they are much too sweet to have to go through one ailment after the other!

Give Money, er, Monty some hugs for me and I will answer your email as soon as I can fit it in my schedule.

Hoping it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted. How is Monty doing otherwise? Has he had his other treatments for the parasites?

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greytmonty
Hoping it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted. How is Monty doing otherwise? Has he had his other treatments for the parasites?

He finished his three Ivermectin injections so the derm vet is fairly sure the bugs are dead. There is almost no point repeating the skin biopsies as one could get a false nagative if the particular area was parasite-free but another area had parasites. As his severe redness has gone way down, the vet is hoping the shots worked.

Guest greytmonty

I just spoke with the derm vet.

He says that the pathologist thinks it is a round cell tumor.

He described this as a benign tumor most compatible with a history of cytoma, which is a tumor involving the white blood cells.

It is usually benign and usually goes away on its own.

The pathologist gave the following caveats: one is not definite with aspirates as opposed to biopsy. There are some unusual things in the sample, for example the nucleii are more indented than usual. There is also other inflammation.

Treatment plan: leave it alone, it should go away in 3-4 weeks.

if not , REMOVE IT. He explained that if it is not gone in 3-4 weeks, or it is bigger, we would biopsy it anyway and since that involves anesthesia, he would just have our local vet take the whole thing off and then biopsy the removed tumor.

PHEW!

I think!

yes, that is good news! actually it's GREYT news...

YAY!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project