Newbie On The Block

Guest NSGREY

:D Hello! I'm Kendra mom to 3 girls(14, 10 and 5) and 1 cat in Nova Scotia. My husband and I are just waiting to have our first visit from the local rescue agency in our area to find out if we are approved to adopt...I'm so nervous but we are very :hope hopeful that we can pass the muster! he wants a male just because we have lots of females in the house and he's the only male :rolleyes: but we hope male or female we are able to get the best greyhound for our family :colgate .

I have been lurking(that sounds so naughty :shakefinger ) on the board for a week but figured it was time to introduce myself. I look forward to learning lots more and hopefully will soon have a pic or 2 of our new family member!!

Anyhow wish us luck!! :grouphug

Edited by NSGREY

:colgate Thank you for the welcome. We live in a Mini Home so I don't think we will be getting more than one greyhound but you never know :lol my husband doesn't need all of his side of the bed :P

:welcome Hi, I live with 2 wonderful hounds in a one bedroom apartment. Don't be too nervous about the home visit - they take your heart and the dog's needs into account. Post pics when you get your new family member! Mimi with Sterling and Kelsey :ghplaybow

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the MD 'burbs of Washington DC.

I'll look forward to news about your adopting a GH!

We thoughts we'd have at least one, but have only managed one for about 60 days at at time....they are just too much fun to have only one!!! And they are space-saving dogs besides....I had a house cat once that required more space than our GHs need.

And I perfectly understand your DH's need for a bit more testosterone in the household.

--Isaac

Guest Moebaaviva
he wants a male just because we have lots of females in the house and he's the only male

:welcome The above quote made me laugh because when my husband and I started the greyhound adoption process I insisted we ask for a girl because I was tired of being the only female in the house (we have two boy cats). :lol

We just had our home visit from a couple of members from our local adoption agency. I was very nervous! :unsure but now we have to wait to hear from the top person and hopefully we will be able to adopt a new member!! :colgate

I hope we hear back soon..

Welcome from outside of Baahstan!

And not all Greyhounds hog the bed--mine is, bizarrely, afraid to even get on it. Not even once...the couch either! He has over 5,000 half siblings--perhaps it's a genetic thing, and you could ask for one!

Good luck!

Has anyone told you about the book about dogproofing and children? I'm not sure if it's called Dogproofing your Child or Childproofing your Dog...but anyway, with three young kids, you should probably read it!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest JillyBean30

Welcome to a fellow Bluenoser! I live in Saint John, NB now, but originally am from the Digby area. What part of NS do you live in?

Don't be nervous about adopting, I know they ask a lot of questions, but it's really just to find the best dog to fit your family.

Can't wait to see pics of your new addition!

:wave

A friendly Hello from Germany.

I wish you good luck :colgate

A Greyhound ( all Sighthounds )want to run, that is their passion but they don´t need so much room in the house. They just want to live with you and by your side and don´t care how big your house is :colgate

I love the oriental slogan : the soul of a sighthound wants to run free

Welcome to a fellow Bluenoser! I live in Saint John, NB now, but originally am from the Digby area. What part of NS do you live in?

Don't be nervous about adopting, I know they ask a lot of questions, but it's really just to find the best dog to fit your family.

Can't wait to see pics of your new addition!

I just outside of Halifax. We're still waiting to find out if we are able to adopt.... :unsure I'm not good at this waiting game :P

Guest JillyBean30

Don't worry about "if", and worry about "when". Unless the person that did your in-home interview raised a concern, you pretty much have it made. There's just the paperwork and finding the right dog ahead!

Which group are you going through?

Don't worry about "if", and worry about "when". Unless the person that did your in-home interview raised a concern, you pretty much have it made. There's just the paperwork and finding the right dog ahead!

Which group are you going through?

GPAC.ca

• 2 weeks later...

:confetti:banana We're getting a greyhound!!!! we have been approved and if it wasn't for the bad storm we had last night we could have even taken one home last night!!!! :beatheart

But we need to wait now til the 18th when the coordinator is available again and we could take our new family member home then :colgate now to keep myself from getting overexcited before then....never mind the kids! :P