Greyhound Is Losing Weight Rapidly Please Help

Guest VelvetEars

I'm so sorry to hear this. What an awful, scary time for you. My heart breaks for you and your wife. Thank you for the care and love you gave Porsche in this trying time -- as well as in her whole "life on the couch".

Condolences.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug Godspeed Precious Angel... :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest VelvetEars

Hi, guys. It's Meredith. I found a Panera in Portland ME so I could get connected before I go to the airport to head home. It will be late when I get in tonight, so this may be the only post for awhile....that, and the one I'm about to put in Remembrance. As if all this weren't enough, I woke up this morning with the flu --- and yes, I had a flu shot 2 weeks ago. I'm so sick and I just want to go home....

Thank you for all the help and concern over the past 48 hours. We are all just stunned. She had always been a little on the thin side, and after Jane's stroke she got a little thinner, but we figured it was just stress, because she was acting fine otherwise. But after I left for this trip, she got weaker, and by Friday afternoon she wasn't willing to walk from the back door to the living room. By the time John got home Fri night from work, she was going downhill fast, in spite of my mom staying w/ her for several hours in the afternoon, helping her drink. Our vet does not have Fri evening hours, so I had John make an appt for her at a vet that's open until 2 a.m. - but not the Death Factory (Animal Emergency Clinic). By the time he got her there, she couldn't even stand on her own, and all her heat was retreating into her core. He said her paws were icy, and she didn't respond when he said "Pretty Girl" (which would get her attention even when she was trying to ignore you). I had him put the phone next to her ear while I talked to her, and he said she didn't give any indication that she heard.

I talked to the vet while they were there, and whatever was wrong was acute and fatal. I suspect she may have had a tumor that may have ruptured....or perhaps she had cancer and we didn't know it. I opted not to have a necropsy done - answers, at this point, wouldn't change a thing. She's still gone. Her ashes will, of course, be returned.

I love being in Maine, and had planned a few days after my business meeting to hole up in a seaside cottage and recouperate after some very long weeks at work. Instead, it became a quiet, solitary, beautiful place to grieve and remember my Sweet P - Princess Porsche, Queen of the Couch. And I took the time to write her eulogy - a goodbye to her - which I will post in Remembrance shortly.

The only thing I need each of you to do is hug your babies hard. Take lots of pictures, remember the little moments, and love them as hard and deep and long as the sea. Because you never know when they might be snatched from you, and you may not have the chance to say goodbye again.

Thanks again, everyone.

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!