Wish Us Luck...

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

Tomorrow marks Day 21 since Nelly's hematoma surgery, and we are scheduled to get the last of her stitches out and that dumb ol' ear patch off at last. :yay

She's still a little oozy (:sick sorry), but more than that--she's going through periods where she's very unhappy (tho' she also has several hours at a time where she's seeming a lot perkier, too, they are countered by weird bouts of depression). She has started hiding under furniture and in dark spaces, and the last couple of days has gone upstairs to sleep in the guest bathroom, or under the guest bed. This is a shadow dog who normally hates to be alone. I feel so bad for her, and hope that tomorrow will mark the beginning of the end of this awfulness.

(She's also learned to unsnap the e-collar, so I suspect its usefulness is coming to an end, anyway. :rolleyes: )

So we could use a big wall o' Greytalk good wishes sent our way, in the hopes that everything goes smoothly tomorrow! :goodluck

Hope all goes well tomorrow! :goodluck:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greensleeves

Well, we're back from the vet, and she DID get the ear patch off! :yay

But.

That's the good news. Doc said we're officially in the home stretch now, although this is far from being Over & Done With, alas. She had some rawness (and further ooziness... not to mention the odor of blood was just horrendous) beneath the patch, so Doc sprinkled it with Neo-Predef powder and said that things should stop oozing and she could stop wearing the E-collar in another 48 hours. So that's another little victory, I suppose.

HOWEVER... as DH was sitting with her in the waiting room, she kept trying to roll on her ear, or rub it up against everything and anybody (including my one single pair of pants that fit me, which now have blood all over them :rolleyes:)... so our other vet came by and saw them... and somehow ended up putting some Bio-Dress wound dressing on the raw/oozy spots on her ear (and, ok, it did look really horrible)... and then b/c the Bio-Dress is non-adhesive and wouldn't stay on by itself, she put a bandage on the ear... and then glued the bandage down!! So now we have to come back in on Thursday to have *that* dressing changed!

I love both my vets and I trust them... but it is disappointing that she just got one dressing OFF, and now she has another one! :headwall Ugh.

So. I'm not sure exactly where we stand here. Doc has been treating her for this throughout, and now we'll be seeing the other vet for this... and I'm confused and tired, and so is Nelly. :(

So please continue those good thoughts. I guess we still need 'em.

(Nelly is hiding in Tessie's crate right now, E-collar and all.)

{{{{{{{{{{Nelly}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{Nelly's mom and dad}}}}}}}}}}

Hope very much that this will be the last of it.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wonderful news, hope things continue to move in a positive direction.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project