Ben Ripped A Dewclaw Nail

DH was making dinner and I went into the living room and noticed a couple spots of blood on the love seat and couch sheets, then saw a bigger spot. We checked the dogs out and when I lifted Ben's leg he did a mini GSOD and we saw his dewclaw looked huge and was bleeding.

Off to the vet which is our regular vet that's open 24 hours a day. They said his dewclaw was torn and the nail would most likely have to be removed. Big concern because his heart almost stopped during a dental. They said they could give him something that would shut off the transmitters and he wouldn't feel pain that they had the ability to reverse quickly.

The nail was removed and he was sent home with antibiotics and pain medicine. He is to keep the bandage on at least 24, preferably 48 hours. I stayed home with him today to make sure he doesn't take the bandage off. He is sleeping comfortably.

Here are pictures from last night. The hurse wrote Get Well and put a heart on the tape and signed it. :inlove

Bensbooboo1.jpg

Bensbooboo2.jpg

Bensbooboo3.jpg

Bensbooboo4.jpg

Bensbooboo5.jpg

Bensbooboo6.jpg

Bensbooboo7.jpg

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

awww, no wonder he feels bad...they gave him a pink bandage :lol I sure hope he heals quickly!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Been there with torn dew claws -- not pretty! :(

Feel better soon, Ben. And you look cute in your "satellite dish"!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest nerak254

One of mine has a dew claw that sticks out almost 90 degrees and I have wondered why they aren't removed when they are babies.

I'm glad he is feeling better and he does look handsome with the bucket on his head. :P