New Here

Guest Farklet

Guest Farklet

Hi I found out about this board on a running forum I frequent. My husband and I are proud new owners (3 months today) to two greyhounds named Alice and Dasher. We are in love with them and every day they amaze me with their wonderfulness. They are quite young at only age 2 so they still have lots of energy and love to play and run and have made a nice race track around our backyard. I will be looking at the diet section as we are still figuring out their food.

I am looking forward to learning a lot here.

Guest MrsDooLittle
Hi I found out about this board on a running forum I frequent. My husband and I are proud new owners (3 months today) to two greyhounds named Alice and Dasher. We are in love with them and every day they amaze me with their wonderfulness. They are quite young at only age 2 so they still have lots of energy and love to play and run and have made a nice race track around our backyard. I will be looking at the diet section as we are still figuring out their food.

I am looking forward to learning a lot here.

Hello from South Carolina. I can totally relate to your feelings about your dogs. I was never a dog person....I was a confirmed cat person. Well, after finding an old hound dog at my daughter's school a couple years ago who captured my heart....I softened. That and the fact I'm very allergic to cats, not as allergic to dogs. We adopted our first greyhound in June of this year and then another in September (he actually just came to stay with us for a couple days and after 3 hours my husband said 'can we keep him?')

I am so totally in love with these dogs. They make me smile countless times during the day. I love the fact that they don't smell.....I've always been very turned off by smelly dogs. Shallow I know but that's me. Just this morning, my husband and I were on the bed with our two boys and I asked him if it was normal that we are so smitten with these guys. We have a nine year old daughter and we just 'watch' these two like we did our daughter when she was a baby! lol

Cindy

Guest Farklet
Welcome! Can you PLEASE explain that very mysterious line in your .sig below the photos? It's going to drive me nuts if you don't!

A farklet is a swedish term for speed play and a term that runners use when they talk about a run where they varied the distance, time, and speed increases that they did during a run. Since getting the dogs I've joked that we do squirrel farklets during walks or runs because they will chase after squirrels at various speeds and length of time :)

:welcome from North Carolina!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:welcome

welcome from Montreal!

Did you get your dogs from Greyhound Rescue Quebec? That's who we got ours from :)

Yes!

just sent you an e-mail (since you dont have pm yet ;) )

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest Farklet
Welcome from the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.

Your pups are very lovely!

--Isaac

Hi we were just in Washington DC in late June early July. I loved that city it's so beautiful :)