Diesel, You Gave Me A Heart Attack!

This morning started like usual.... alarm going off at 4:30, DH getting up, turning on the shower, and attempting to roust me (not an easy task at 4:30!). I staggered out of bed, like usual, trip over 3 happy dogs (Diesel is always happy and bouncy at 4:30 :blink: ) on my way downstairs to let them out. Everyone goes out, pees, and come dashing back in, ready for breakfast.

Breakfast is consumed in record time as always, and I go back upstairs to get ready for work. As I'm getting out of the shower, I hear Diesel dashing about the house with morning zoomies :blink: Suddenly, I hear a horrible crash, followed by whimpering (Diesel doesn't cry). I run downstairs (still wet), and there is Diesel, standing in the hallway holding up a leg, crying. My heart is racing, pounding... OMG, Diesel doesn't cry. He doesn't scream. He's Mr. Stoic. It's gotta be bad.. OMG....

He leans into me, shaking, while I check him over.... a couple nicks, nothing seems out of place, nothing swelling.... ok... I can breathe, he's probably ok.... I look around, and from best guess, Diesel decided to zoom down the steps, but couldn't stop. He cut the corner too close and took out the mahogany end table :blink: .

I finally got him to calm down, gave him a rimadyl, figuring that no matter what, he'd be SORE. By the time I left the house an hour or so later, he was no longer limping, nothing was swelling, and he was bouncing around nibbling my butt persistently to let me know he wanted his kong NOW (with all the panic, I was running late. D expects that PB stuffed Kong at an exact time!). :lol

OY!!! I love my boy, but he is NOT graceful! :rolleyes: I'm just glad he's ok, but OMG.. that scared the crap out of me!!!

OTOH, I realize Sully would've been in full blown scream mode (that's him, he's a diva), but what freaked me out is that Diesel is not one to normally make a sound. I guess he probably scared himself more than anything :rolleyes: and I'm sure he's going to have some bruises.

PS, it's truly amazing the amount of fur that can stick to wet skin when you are trying to examine a trembling, shedding dog.... :blush:eek

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

PS, it's truly amazing the amount of fur that can stick to wet skin when you are trying to examine a trembling, shedding dog

:lol

he held up his leg so you wouldn't get mad about the table being flipped over :P

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Scary! Thank goodness it sounds as if it was a false alarm. Perhaps he learned how to scream from the others?

George crys in the morning too, if I hang around too long and don't give him his Kong and get the heck out of his "me time."

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Awwww...poor baby. I hope he is 100% when you return home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well, he seems to be ok. He's snoozing on the floor right now :lol . DH didn't even realize anything had happened (he had already left for work before D's clumsy zoom catastrophe) since Diesel was acting normally when he got home.

I checked him over again, and he looks fine. He does have a nice big rug burn mark on his chest :blush from his tumble, but that's it.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest Mommydog
:lol Glad he's OK. Joe has often done the same sort of thing, then he stands there holding his foot up, but once I've rubbed it and made a huge fuss of him, saying stuff like oh no! my poor dog, my poor dog in a very dramatic fashion, then he trots off quite happily :lol

Glad he is Ok.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg