This Wasn't Supposed To Happen...

Guest 2FourFootClowns

Guest 2FourFootClowns

[quick introductory comment: I hadn't posted for quite some time and now can't get previous name - Lancefam - to log in. Ah well, just created a new account and we'll move on.]

So yesterday, we take Lance down to PetSmart to see the Homes for Hounds folks and let them know he's doing well. Then in walks this big handsome blue brindle character, who puts his head on Lance.... well, after some very fast talking on my part to darling hubby, we go home with a new Grey.

Star (race name Portland Racer) is a very mellow two-year-old, with a puppyish face and a soft, soft beautiful coat. He never did well in the races - only ran four times, and the comment on one was "never a threat" :blush - but we are so glad he's come to join us. He and Lance are getting along famously. They're actually related - Lance's grandfather is Star's great-grandfather, along with a couple other shirttail relatives.

Woohoo, two greys in a small house with hardwood floors! Thank G- for a big fenced backyard.

Could you have resisted this face? IMG_0447.jpg

Blue brindle!!! :wub:

I :heart blue brindles!!! No way I would have resisted that face either!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Congratulations!!!!

Welcome back.

No wonder you couldn't resist him. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

gorgeous, and although you thought it wasn't supposed to happen, it was. Congrats. They are both unbelievably gorgeous.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge