Blitz, Thursday Evening

Well, went over to the referral center to speak to the doc and visit with Blitz.

His pancreas, kidneys, spleen, etc look normal. She mentioned something about his heart, can't remember, but cardiologist says it is normal for greys, and he has been cleared for anaesthesia if necessary.

His aorta is very much dilated in the area of his kidney, and then once past, goes back down to normal size. The lining of his stomach is thickened, and as I mentioned, it could be an inflammatory response from the vomiting. There is an unexplained mass in that region, which could be a cancerous growth, or just an artifact of an old injury, or, well, they don't know. They are recommending a special kind of MRI to trace where the arteries are going so they can get a better feel for what might be going on with that mass - is it being fed or are the blood vessels going around it? The MRI was going to be tomorrow, but the MRI machine needs to be set up in a particular way to do this, and since it's a brand new machine, they haven't learned how to do it yet with this particular machine. They're talking to the manufacturer, but they don't think it'll be done tomorrow.

The vomiting may be due to IBD, or a may be a systemic response to whatever this mass is. They really don't know if there are one or two problems going on here.

The doc said she is going to start him on some food and see what happens. If he is able to keep it down, and he looks like he's pretty stable, he may be able to come home over the weekend and go back on Monday. She will be in touch with us when she starts her shift tomorrow afternoon.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Sending many prayers and warm white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Deanna, did they say if they felt the Aorta may be leaking (ruptured?) I would imagine if that were the case they would rush him to surgery. Do they do the same type of surgery for animals as humans when it comes to a AAA, surgery to repair the dilataion and put a filter in place. I know with humans anything over 5 cm is considered surgical. It's good that Blitz is at 24 hour care they have to be very careful Blitz doesn't do any straining. It does sound like they'll do the MRI to evaluate for Renal Artery Stenosis.

How did he look, I bet he was happy to see you, poory boy must be so confused.

How are you doing?

Karen

Praying for all the missing greys!

loads of love for you. I am sure Blitz is fine, compared to you worrying. I know how that is. I soooooo hope he will be able to come home for the weekend. Prayers and lots of 'em!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Deanna, did they say if they felt the Aorta may be leaking (ruptured?) I would imagine if that were the case they would rush him to surgery. Do they do the same type of surgery for animals as humans when it comes to a AAA, surgery to repair the dilataion and put a filter in place. I know with humans anything over 5 cm is considered surgical. It's good that Blitz is at 24 hour care they have to be very careful Blitz doesn't do any straining. It does sound like they'll do the MRI to evaluate for Renal Artery Stenosis.

How did he look, I bet he was happy to see you, poory boy must be so confused.

How are you doing?

Karen

No, they didn't say anything about a ruptured aorta. They're thinking that the blood vessels may be compensating in some way and have an unusual growth pattern to deal with whatever this mass is. I will ask when we see him tomorrow, but it was not one of the things that came up when I pressed her for her thoughts.

Blitz looked even thinner than he was yesterday - his ribs and spine are really starting to stick out. He was quite lethargic, and yeah, I would say the poor guy is confused. He did respond to his name and popped his head up when I called him from the door of the exam room, but otherwise, he seemed pretty depressed. I understand some of the drugs he is on causes a little bit of lethargy, and he hasn't eaten since Monday, so he's not feeling energetic.... I've never seen such a huge bandage for a catheter, though - his entire left front leg is wrapped in soft cotton and vet wrap. I'll have to ask why when we see the doc tomorrow - we saw him after she left.

As long as I don't stop to think about things, I'm okay. This whole thing is a little bit surreal though.

I hope he can come home this weekend. His "grandparents" are coming to visit on Saturday.

Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Sending lots of prayers for Blitz. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I did call the tech whose care he is in, and was told that he has not vomited since he was admitted on Wednesday night. I know they started offering water to him yesterday afternoon, but I forgot to ask if he's actually been drinking it. Food has been offered, but he has no interest in it. I noticed he's a rather picky boy, however - he refused Burpdog biscuits several times on Sunday, even though he was supposedly feeling okay on Sunday. He also refused bread several times last week, which my girls go crazy for.

There has been a "stop" placed on his food this morning, though. The tech thought maybe it was for bloodwork, but it may also be that they got the MRI reconfigured - we were told he would have to be fasting for that.

Still a few hours away from an update from the doc, and I won't be getting home until close to 5 this evening - I'm already about a month overdue for a haircut, so unless I hear something awful within the next hour, I'm going to get that done.

Edited by dmswartzfager