Introducing The Lovely Lola

Guest Amy_and_Mark

Guest Amy_and_Mark

Yup- Lola the showdog. When she meets new people, she puts on SUCH good behavior and even puffs out and stretches her back legs out.

Obligatory pic of stressed out dog at new home:

IMG_3178.jpg

She has discovered sleep, and is getting quite good at it. This means that we get to sleep as well. Good deal.

Edited by Amy_and_Mark

Guest Amy_and_Mark
That girlie dog looks VERY VERY familiar......FoG?

You got it! They didn't have her very long though. Did we meet? We're the skinny nerdy looking guy (me) and the cute long dark haired girl (Amy).

Seeing as how you're from Miami, any recommendations on vets?

You may have met us. We show up to play on the weekends when I'm not busy with my own. Or trying to update the GD site for Michelle..

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Amy_and_Mark

I was waiting to hear from you (Lola's mom)- and they look so similar too! :colgate

I liked the movie "Run Lola Run" (great movie if you haven't seen it, really artsy), and greyhounds run, and ALSO---

she's a showdog. Just look at her!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG_3172.jpg

This is her post-dinner rub my face on Amy's FORMER favorite blanket. :lol

Edited by Amy_and_Mark

Once you've got some more posts your PM will work. Just ask Michelle for my phone # or e-mail me. rycezmom@bellsouth.net

What section of town are you in?

Edited by rycezmom

Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Loved Run Lola, Run. Your Lola is a stunner.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Amy_and_Mark
That girlie dog looks VERY VERY familiar......FoG?

I should have told you her racing name- it was Boundary. We'll shoot you an email- we might also stop by over the weekend to FOG for a quick romp.

Already knew her racing name. She is a lovely girl. We'll catch up at the kennels or phone. Off to bed. See you soon.

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Amy and Mark :wave :wave :wave :wave Beautiful Girl Lola . I am glad you found GreyTalk .

Lot's of Info and compassionate People who share the Beauty of this Dogs and their Well Being. WELCOME

OMG Billie. You're RIGHT! I cant shut off that song in my head.....I'll just have to turn on some good vintage QUEEN or JANIS JOPLIN

Guest Amy_and_Mark

What a big day for Lola!

Last night we took her for a test car-ride. She clearly wanted to go, but was hesitant to get in. Its admittedly awkward for them I guess. In the end, I put her feet up on the back seat, and then just kept pushing. The 2nd time in, the only needed a nudge.

Well, today she entered right away! She is a great companion, pretty much just settles in as though its a moving couch.

IMG_3203.jpg

Next we visited the dog park. Took off the leash, and she simply trotted down the path about 200 yards and then stopped and looked at us! I think she was getting sassy. Next time I will bring the squawker to get her to run a bit- it was hot out, and all she felt the need to do was one moderate jog. We tried to get her to do things on the agility course, but the best she managed was walking through the tube:

IMG_3199.jpg

I would have thought she'd be starving when we got home, but the poor girl just wanted sleep. She ate about 1/3rd of her food, slept for 2 hours, then got up and finished most of the rest. Now she is 'watching tv' with Amy.

IMG_3204.jpg

Sometimes you have to help them learn how to play. Instead of the squawker (dont overuse that cause you may need it to get your dog back one day) bring some of the sqeeky stuffies out to play late in the afternoon when its cooled down a little. Mine do ALL their running in the late afternoon. They go out during the day and go belly up for a short while then back into the house. This is what the middle of the day potty break looks like

Congratulations!!!

Love the subtitle. The pic is wonderful.

I hope she relaxes soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)