Anyone Ever Used A Sonicare On Teeth?

Guest greyfiend

Guest greyfiend

I was wondering if anyone has ever used either a Sonicare Toothbrush or any other electric toothbrush on their dog's teeth and, if so, how it went? I brush Filbert's teeth once daily with CET and a dual end dog brush and he does well. I, myself, have a Sonicare and thought I could buy a child sized head just for him. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :)

Yep, I've got an ultrasonic toothbrush and, when I remember to charge it, I use it on Zema. I switch the head to use it on myself :lol . Joseph believes it is an invention of the devil but Zema is cool with it. Works better than hand brushing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I use it on my own teeth but I have never thought to try it on the hounds. I can just imagine Mia or Tippy if I came near them with a buzzing toothbrush. :lol

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

I use electric brushes on Wabi and Brilly, but not Pogo ... yet! He's still pretty annoyed by a regular one. Actually, Brilly especially seems more tolerant of the electric, go figger! :P I do have an extra base, slightly broken, from an old Sonicaire... Maybe I should upgrade them to that! Good idea! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest IzzysMom

Someone in our rescue group bought one she uses on her male , but not her females. She says he loves it. It is especially for dogs and she purchased it at Meijer for those of you with one close by.

I use a Sonicare on my guys daily. I bought the one that has two heads so we can share--only hope that I remember to change the head EVERY time :eek before I use it on myself :P !

If you develop a sudden craving for chicken jerky, you'll know you forgot ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)