Confusing Reports On Bodie

Guest Bodie

I got the two promised calls from OSU today updating me on Bodie. Unfortunately, both occured while I wasn't home. The first was this morning - a message on the machine that Bodie was resting comfortably but his care had been transferred from oncology to soft tissue care. No explanation why. I got this message after I returned home from work, so I patiently waited for this evening's report. I had to go out for awhile, and sure enough, the next report came when I wasn't home. My daughter took the message that there were some "concerns", Bodie was still in soft tissue care in intensive care and he wouldn't be ready to come home until possibly next Tuesday or Wednesday. My daughter, of course, never followed up and asked what the "concerns" were, so I went into a panic attack when she called me on my cell. Bodie was supposed to be able to come home in 3 - 5 days. Next Tuesday or Wednesday is a week. Something must be wrong...

Almost immediately after that message, my daughter called again to say that the doctor had called back and after consulting with someone else, he thought Bodie could come home this weekend. Wait a minute, what about those "concerns"?

I got my daughter to look up the number for OSU and I called from my cell. They paged the doctor, but he had left for the day. However, they did promise to have someone call at 8 in the morning - and to call me at work this time.

So how is Bodie on day 1 after his surgery? Frankly, I don't know. All I can tell you is that both messages said he was resting comfortably and this evening there were some "concerns"

So keep those good thoughts, prayers, and white lights out there for Bodie. I will post again when I know something definite.

Rhonda

It's horrible to not know... I'm sorry. Can you give them your cell number as primary contact, so you won't miss future calls? I hope Bodie gets to come home soon! :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Well I'm sure that's left you feeling a little :blink: , eh? I am sure he's fine, I would think they'd call until they reached you in person if it were cause for any major concern. Sucks not knowing though. Don't let your imagination come up with any ideas, they will always be worse than what is actually going on. Hugs to you tonight, get some rest. 8am will come quickly!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Can you give them your cell number as primary contact, so you won't miss future calls?

Unfortunately, I live in a bad cell phone area - my cell phone doesn't work at home or at my place of work. It was just pure luck I happened to be in the right spot to receive messages tonight. Cell phones! :angryfire

Guest PiagetsMom

That's enough to drive you to worry.....focus on the "resting comfortably" and hopefully the news tomorrow morning will be not only more informative, but encouraging as well. :grouphug

Thinking about Bodie and praying for a peaceful nights sleep for both of you.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I can imagine how anxious it must have made you feel. I agree that if it were critical, they would have tracked you down. Hope everything is okay. :hope

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest LadyChester

I hope that since it is 8:30 am now that you've been able to speak to one of the doctors and allay your worries some. Try to take comfort in knowing that he's in the very best of hands and that they will do whatever is necessary to keep him comfortable and get him home to you as soon as they can.