Double Doody

Guest ArtysPeople

Guest ArtysPeople

Arty has a very regular schedule about elimination -- he makes a nice, firm poop in almost the same exact spot near the start of each of his walks (morning and evening). However, if we go on a longer walk, or if he gets some running around, he will also do a second one, which ranges from mush to pudding (not fun to clean up, especially in longer grass :puke).

He's had a vet check, doesn't have any other health issues, has gained some weight since we've had him, and otherwise seems fine.

Is this at all normal for greys? Anyone else have this happen? Since he's done it consistently since we got him two months ago, I just haven't worried too much about it and figured it was how his innards worked. :dunno Should I be more concerned?

Thanks!

Guest greyt_learner

Mine do that too - especially my boy Puck. He starts out ith a firm one almost right away, and by the end of 45 mins to an hour walk, he's usually managed another 2 at least, and they are liquid by the time he's on his last one. So it seems normal to me.

Can't believe I'm discussing my dogs bathroom habits:)

Guest meandmygreys
Mine do that too - especially my boy Puck. He starts out ith a firm one almost right away, and by the end of 45 mins to an hour walk, he's usually managed another 2 at least, and they are liquid by the time he's on his last one. So it seems normal to me.

Can't believe I'm discussing my dogs bathroom habits:)

Where else BUT here....do you talk about dog poop !!?? :lol:lol

I have had Justy for over a year, and he has yet to ever have "kickable poop"...His is always sorta soft...here we go again...on "POOP TALK"....I took him to the vet..and nothing...I guess it's just his style !!

Our new boy Opie has pretty firm poops, but on Sundays, Dog Park Day, he is just squeezing out soft mushy ones there. (And thats after his morning "Normal" one) All that playing and running out gets him excited, and out it comes!

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12