Tania's Big Girl Operation Is Tomorrow

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

Wow~it's time for Tania's spay. She's a healthy, happy and active 10 month old. I can hardly believe little puppy girl is ready for her Spay.

Anyway, I've never really had a hound in the house post op.....what should we expect?

We are bringing out the ex pen so she can have some secluded space to rest and be under our watchful eye.

And, if you think of it, send some good thoughts our way for a simple operation and speedy recovery.

Thanks,

Jayne

Guest savvyprchick

She won't be allowed to jump and run for several days... will have to stay quiet. That's pretty hard for a puppy (Lulu had hers at 6 months).

Guest Hannah

After you drop her off at the vets try and make time to relax, put your feet up and enjoy a good book and some peace and quiet.

keeping a puppy quiet for 10 days post spay is a 25 hour a day occupation :wacko:

Arnica tablets help with the bruising ang general recovery as well as pain killers.

Holly says to tell you that scrambled eggs and tuna hand fed in small quantities every hour (or half hour) also help :rolleyes:

When she got home holly had a wobble around the garden and a short nap before consuming some scrambled eggs. another nap and some tuna and kibble. another short nap then it was leap over the sofa (with bucket collar on) to demand walkies :blink:

after that it was as if she had never had an operation at all and keeping her quiet was exhausting.

Guest trevdog

Dallas was only down and out for a day. Vet said let her be normal, she will not do anything that bothers her. 3 days post surgery she was totally normal although we did limit her to leash walking only for potty breaks until the stitches were out. She was her normal puppy self inside. Just keep an eye she doesn't mess with her stitches, she'll be fine.

edited to add, we tried to keep her from jumping, but she was hopping up on the bed 2 days later.

Edited by trevdog

Sending prayers! :grouphug With our gals...they came home like nothing even happened to them and trying to keep them from running and jumping was a full time job at best! :rolleyes:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greybookends

You can expect this look. :(

DSC00392.jpg

This is the look that says" I thought you loved me. How could you leave me alone at that place and let them do this to me?"

If you are lucky the rest of your pack will show some temporary sympathy for the little imp and you could get this. :wub:

DSC00391.jpg

She should be down for a day or so, then she should be right back to her normal self and maybe she will even be out for some retribution for the indignity you just put her through. :lol

It'll be alright. Prayers for an uneventful surgery. :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Guest DoofBert

HMM. well, if I know my Tania, I'll be in for some major stink eye, a leap over the sofa about 24 hours after that.

Thanks,

Guest LUVMYBABIES

I don't have any experience in that catagory because my boys came "tutored" :P I'm sending good thoughts to Tania for her experience.

As a side note, I saw Tania's brother Spirit this past Sunday. OMG he is big and beautiful and handsome and sweet and lovable..... I am so happy for his Mommy and Daddy because they love him so much. He can do NO wrong! The last time I saw him was New Years Day and WOW has he grown!

Waiting to hear news about Tania.

Elphie was spayed at 4 months old and she did absolutely fantastically. You wouldn't have known she was spayed the same evening as the surgery.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Well, Tania you are a big girl now. You'll be doing zoomies again before you know.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest greyhoundluv

Wow, she is growing fast! Hope you can keep her 'calm'. Elvis was back to his old self a few hours after his big boy operation. Hope she heals quick.

Guest DoofBert

Well, she is awake and resting in the crate at the vet's.... she comes home today.... around 4:30 pm......

I will try to get some photos. I'm sure Tania will have her version of this monutmental event.

Thanks everyone!

Ooh! Awake! Sending smoochies for when she is home and can have them.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Cossiedog

Hey there! Cozzy just had her big girl op too! She sends kisses and kindred sympathy for Tania :kiss2

Our vet told us to keep Coz quiet for 10 days and that is indeed proving very difficult! Our house rings to the tune of COZZYNO! COZZYSTOPIT!! and COZZYPACK.IT.IN.!!! at the moment :rolleyes: Somebody needs to tell HER she's just had a big operation! (see my post on T&B :P )

Hope Tania's doing good! :colgate