How Much Benadryl?

What is the "Correct" dose of Benadryl for greyhounds weighing: 64lbs, 70 lbs and 80 lbs?

Thanks,

Robin

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Fireworks issue? Start with 25mg. Give it an hour and a half, then give another 25mg if need be. Make sure dogs do NOT have free access to stairs after you give the first dose -- even that small dose can make a large dog kinda sleepy/wobbly, they all react differently.

You can give 25mg 2-3 times per day. If you want to give more than that, best consult your vet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I would give 25mg to start and no more then 50mg per dose.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

According to my vet, approximately 1 mg per lb every eight hours. I was going for a calming effect, however.

Oi, looks like that's a bit heavy. Maybe she meant to write down 1 mg per kg. Honestly, I did end up giving just one 25 mg tablet and that worked fairly well for a roughly 70 pound dog.

Edited by dmswartzfager

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Fireworks issue? Start with 25mg. Give it an hour and a half, then give another 25mg if need be. Make sure dogs do NOT have free access to stairs after you give the first dose -- even that small dose can make a large dog kinda sleepy/wobbly, they all react differently.

You can give 25mg 2-3 times per day. If you want to give more than that, best consult your vet.

Yes, I gave rescue remedt tonight so I won't give the Benadyl tonight but I figure the fireworks usally last a few days so just in case, I want to be able to have it ready. This is pitiful and Chloe only peed 2x today. At 6 Am and at 3 PM. No good. I'm going to try and get her out in a few minutes but it's just not stopping.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We are in the same boat as you are today with the fireworks. We live out in the country and many city folks think they can come to the hills for the holiday, shoot their guns, get rowdy and fire off fireworks till all hours of the night. It makes me so angry sometimes as our Willa suffers so badly from thunder, gun and fireworks fears. We would never think of going to their homes to raise a ruckus! This is not to bash city folk as I was one all my life before leaving the city to live out here in the stix. It was a quality of life issue for us as we finally got fed up with a lot of the crazies that just had no respect for their neighbors.

I am sitting here with a baseball game blasting on the radio (and I am not even a fan) to drown out the worst of the noise tonight. I also gave three 3mg tabs of melatonin and it seems to take off the edge a bit. Willa is in her safety closet with her head in the corner, but she is at least not shaking badly as she usually does. We had a vet visit this week and I asked about the melatonin dosage. He said studies are finding that it is safe to give four 3mg tabs every few hours or so. I'd rather give that than drugs being as she is on so much already for spinal issues.

Good luck with your furbaby and hoping things quiet down soon.

Yes, I gave rescue remedt tonight so I won't give the Benadyl tonight but I figure the fireworks usally last a few days so just in case, I want to be able to have it ready. This is pitiful and Chloe only peed 2x today. At 6 Am and at 3 PM. No good. I'm going to try and get her out in a few minutes but it's just not stopping.

Per my vet, 1 mg per lb is the correct dosage and can be given every 8 hours. Warlock takes 75 mg every 8 hours and he weighs about 77lbs.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11