Ginny's A Little Off This Morning

Guest greybookends

If she vomits again or has another straining to poop episode, take her to the vet then, not later.

Hopefully all out of her system now, though.

Feel better, sweet pea!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best outcome ha ha but not the worst, eh? I get paranoid about blockage but it's good some things are going through your girlie, if not in quite the right way.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greybookends
Not the best outcome ha ha but not the worst, eh? I get paranoid about blockage but it's good some things are going through your girlie, if not in quite the right way.

OH trust me I understand. I got my first grey years ago before we had all of this wonderful exchange of information we have today. She got sick starting on a Friday evening and there was no evet and no computers. We had to have her PTS Monday morning. We still don't know what took her but from what I know now if I had to fathom a guess it was bloat. Trust me if I even have a small inkling it might be bloat I will be off to the vet. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers I will let you know what happens.

Guest greybookends

Well she did eat a cookie this morning and is showing some intrest in her breakfast so we shall see. The vet's office opens at 9am.

How's Ginny this morning?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I hope Ginny is on the road to recovery today!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Elphie wanted me to check in on Miss Ginny this morning to see how she was doing. We're still thinking about her.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Shermanator
Well she did eat a cookie this morning and is showing some intrest in her breakfast so we shall see. The vet's office opens at 9am.

Well, Sherman and Patton would only prefer to eat cookies as well :)

Good luck - I hope she feels better, soon.

Guest greybookends

She just ate a little boiled chicken and rice. Not a lot but she did eat some. I am thinking maybe we have some type of bug as Sheana is a little out of sorts this morning. Sheana ate but she was real whiny all last night and she has been grazing and I found some thrown up grass this morning and Ginny hasn't been grazing. Now she doesn't feel bad enough that she won't try to steal Ginny's food if she thinks she can get away with it. I will offer Ginny a little more chicken and rice a couple times throughout the day but she is acting a little better so we will hold off on the vet for now. If things start to turn bad again then off to the vet.

Guest lvmydogz

Alright Miss Munchin' eat your lunch later today and stop giving us all a heart attack!!! :POed

I'm glad to hear that she has eaten a little, so that means her appetite is starting to return. :thumbs-up

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread to check in to see how she's doing.

Thanks for the update! :grouphug

Michelle (Jojo & Jani's momma & soon to be Cody)

Edited by lvmydogz

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Come on Ginny....act like a landshark :lol I know what you mean Lori, it is one thing if one of my "older" guys are acting a little off but when a young spunky one acts a little off it really worries you. We will continue to keep Ginny in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Guest Mommydog

Hope they're both soon feeling better, I must admit it does sound like a bug. How an earth do you cope if they all get Big D ? :blink: I thought dealing with two with the D was bad enough !

Guest greybookends
Hope they're both soon feeling better, I must admit it does sound like a bug. How an earth do you cope if they all get Big D ? :blink: I thought dealing with two with the D was bad enough !

So far Ginny is the only one with D :goodluck . I try not to think about the other possibility! :blink:

Guest lvmydogz

How's she doing this afternoon, Lori? :unsure

Did she eat any lunch?

Just checking in on her! :)

Guest greybookends

Ginny still has some D but is trying to eat and was chasing stuffies in the back yard this morning. She did have some D while I was out this afternoon but was kind enough to have it only on the linoleum in the bathroom and by the back door in the laundry room for which I am very grateful.

I have a question does sweet potatoe work like pumpkin to firm up poop. I don't have any pumpkin but I do have some sweet potatoes I could bake and then moosh up some for her if it will help to settle her tummy.

Guest lvmydogz

Oh that's good news!!! :rollin:rollin

I'm so glad to hear that she feels good enough to get up and play!

Hmmm..........as for the sweet potatoes, I don't really know. :dunno

I do know that I've substituted sweet potatoes for pumpkin in *recipes* before and couldn't tell a difference.

I know your looking for some help with her D. but I don't see how the sweet potatoes could hurt her. I think I would give it a try. :nod

Edited by lvmydogz

Guest greybookends

Ginny ate all of her breakfast this morning. It was a little boiled chicken and rice with some sweet potatoe mashed in it. She probably just saved herself a trip to the vet. We shall see.