Ginny's A Little Off This Morning

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

I'm a little concerned about Ginny this morning. She has refused to eat today. She did eat a cookie and later a marshmallow but has otherwise refused to eat anything else I have offered her this morning. There has been no vomiting or D she seems just a little out of sorts but otherwise appears fine. Maybe it's the heat but she has been inside mostly in the AC. The only other thing I can think of is she has been terrorizing the bathroom trashcan the last couple of days so maybe she ate some paper and has developed some constipation. I will keep a close eye on her but if she doesn't eat this evening or in the morning then we are going to the vet just to be safe. Say a prayer that she is just a little out of sorts today just like we all are on occasion for no particular reason.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

May be the heat. Her sister sometimes does not eat her breakfast when it is hot outside either. I know it's too hot for her when she goes out to potty and is ready to come in right away as she loves to stay outside.

Guest savvyprchick

Hopefully it's just the weather! Chase has taken to not eating in the morning and only eating at night since we hit the high 80s/90s. :rolleyes:

I'll be thinking of you.

For our current non-eaters/forced to eat, they are reacting to the heat. Seems like my boys are more than just littermates, they share behavioural traits too. Both Atlas and Orion have decided that eating is overrated right now. Icarus would have been in line with them too... for them, it's a seasonal thing.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest SquanHound

It's probably just a heat thing -- I find that it takes Ping a little while to adjust to it too. He had D on and off for the last 2 weeks which I attributed to the sudden heat. :goodluck hoping she is feeling better by tonight!

Ginny, you had better start feeling better real soon. Don't go worrying your mom.

Sending healing thoughts from Virginia,

Sheila and Elphie

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest greyhound_bug

Its probably just the heat as I know it bothers my guys too. Right now they even think that its too hot to go pee and all they want to do is lay on the couch and are eating more at night when its a bit cooler.

Just in case its something more, Ginny will be in my prayers.

Guest greybookends

Thanks everyone. I think it is the heat as well. It's just that Ginny has NEVER refused food. Tasha has a habit of skipping the occasional breakfast and Bill has been finicky since I got him over 3 years ago but Ginny has never had a problem scarfing whatever she can, so to say I was more than a little alarmed is an understatement. She seems to be fine otherwise but we shall see what happens at dinner.

Aw, poor Ginny! Feel better soon, sweetie.

Lori, I think our Ruby (who is quite the chow hound as well) ate a lizard a couple of weeks ago that seemed to put her off her food. Maybe Ginny has eaten something that wasn't really bad for her, but didn't agree. Like tp. :)

Guest Snowy8

That's what I'm thinking too, the heat.

Dear was a little peakish this morning, he wanted to go outside & lay in the sun, then he didn't want to come in...and being black I didn't want him out there long & its only 79 out there right now.

I'm sending her some positive thoughts & wishes...give her some kisses for me!

Poor baby girl Ginny :(

Hmm, didn't you lose a contact lens recently Lori? :lol: Ginny's so tiny maybe it's trying to work it's way out. :P

Give her lots of belly rubs for me.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends

Ginny still hasn't eaten today and she even turned down a cookie this evening. I don't think it is the heat as today and yesterday really haven't been that bad and I keep the house cool. I am thinking more along the lines of constipation. I haven't seen her go poop today but she is peeing fine. The last couple of days she has managed to find numerous sources of paper and maybe she ingested more than I caught her with. Is there anything I can give her to perhaps help things to MOVE along? She has played in the backyard when we were out today maybe not as hard as normal but she has played and been a little less vocal but she is still acting very sluggish. If things aren't better tomorrow we're going to the vet.

Guest greybookends

OK she had a little D but she was straining a little to produce it so I am thinking more and more that it is constipation. She did however do a little gagging a little while ago but didn't produce anything. Unless things change dramatically by tomorrow, we are going to the vet.

Feel better, Mini Ginny!!! :bighug

Here's hoping all discomfort will pass. I would give her pumpkin or yogurt but it doesn't sound like she wants any food. Or something for constipation.

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

In her bathroom trash can raiding, is there any chance that she could have ingested a sanitary napkin or tampon? These things are designed to expand when wet, so I imagine that these could pose a serious problem once they hit her stomach.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest greybookends
In her bathroom trash can raiding, is there any chance that she could have ingested a sanitary napkin or tampon? These things are designed to expand when wet, so I imagine that these could pose a serious problem once they hit her stomach.

Carol Ann

No. I've had dogs most of my life and learned a long time ago not to put those in the bathroom trash. They go in a covered can were dogs can't get them :puke .

Ginny did finally throw up a few minutes ago and it looked like last nights dinner. It had to be last night as she hasn't eaten anything today. After she threw up she went and got some water which is the first I've seen her drink today. Maybe she will start feeling better now. I know sometimes when I don't feel good and get sick I actually feel better afterwards. I am keeping a close eye on her.

Guest lvmydogz

Awww, Lori I just saw this!!! :sad1

:grouphug to you & :kiss2 to Ginny that she starts feeling a bit better by morning!

Please keep us updated and let us know how she's feeling in the morning!

Michelle (Jojo & Jani's momma & soon to be Cody)