Need Emergency Prayers For Whistler

Guest Greensleeves

:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GiJenn51

I'm glad you were able to get to see a better Whistler,however long that may be... I will certainly pray hard for Whistler and your family. :hope:candle

Guest Greensleeves

Whistler Update 6/2

Thanks, all. We've been able to see Whistler twice more since my last message, and there is a new doctor on staff at the hospital, in charge of his care for the weeked. His feeling is that 24 hours is too premature to make any kind of decision, and that we should give him 3-4 days to either improve, go downhill, or not make any change. And then we can decide (the first two options are easy decisions, obviously).

Last night Whis was on a morphine drip, with a Fentanyl patch started (I had asked if he could have treatment for what must be horrible pain)... so when we visited him, he was pretty dopey. DH was able to get him to drink some water, and he seemed aware of us, but like he didn't care that we were there or not (DH's father, who's had morphine a couple times for some serious industrial injuries, says that's pretty normal--you just don't care about *anything* except the next dose.).

Today when we visted, he was off the morphine, but a little hung over. At first he was really happy to see us, and looked right at us and smiled brightly. But as we sat and cuddled him and tried to get him to eat a little scrambled eggs, he got pretty annoyed with us. And then the doctor came by and tried to get him to stand up. Whistler tried to comply, but was too weak--either because of 1.) Advanced lumbo-sacral stenosis 2.) hangover from the morphine, or 3.) Low blood pressure from the blood loss. That last one, of course, is the serious one... but there's really no way to tell.

Basically, though--if he can't stand up, he won't be coming home.

We're headed out now to visit him again. Keep those paws crossed that the next -whatever- is not too awful. Of course we'd love to see Whis perk up and come home... but we're really just not looking farther ahead than the next visit.

(It was nice seeing him mad... but I felt bad about the things he was mad *at.*)

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.