Thank Heaven For Speckles

Speck is my Aussie girl who has a heart tag that says Mom to all greys as she bathes & cleans ears of all the greys in the house. I got her as a 3 month old pup when I had my Sheltie/Spitz. Lucky had seizures so when Noel started to have them Speckie knew what was happening. Sunday night I did not hear Noel have one but Speckie did & started barking to wake me up, by the time I got the greys outside that were up & went to Noel's crate I really thought she was dead, her head was twisted back in a strange position & she was releasing her bowls. I grabed a new tube of Nutri-cal & lifted this terribly limp body out of the crate & forced the entire tube of stuff down Noel. She didn't really respond except to swallow as I pushed the stuff into her so I got the jar of honey & a teaspoon & took her into the bathroom so I could let the others back in to go back to bed. I sat the holing her & she would open her eyes a little but that was all so I gave her 2 tsp of the honey & told her I loved her & that there were so manypuppy things she still hasn't done that I want her to if she would just come back to me. It took from 1:30 to 4:00 for her come around. So she spent yesterday afternoon at the vets office where they gave her glucous & kept checking her blood levels. She's home and acting puppish but not a complete landshark yet. She had gone from 24.8 to 26.3 in 2 weeks so she's growing. I keep telling Speckie she's such a good Mommie & I truly believe she understands because she's staying close to Noel & watching her.

Guest hamiesmom

Speck, you are truly an angel sent to watch out for Noel. So happy to hear that Noel is starting to feel better.

Guest Tenderhearts

Speckie, you're my hero! :kiss2 :kiss2 Kisses for sweet Noel too! :kiss2 :kiss2

Edited by Tenderhearts

You have to love the "mommy" dogs. Atlas was Icarus' angel when Icky would go into a seizure. They were like glue. :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.