Sully Is "off"

My love sponge isn't feeling well. He's still pretty much himself, but something isn't quite right. He's not as onery as usual, he seems to be more lethargic, stiffer, and needier than normal. Also, (and I know this sounds weird) he doesn't smell right-- body or breath. Just not... -right-. Not like a "big honkin' abcess" smell.. just off... just like the rest of him. He's still active enough for a grey, but not right for him... he's not quite moving like he should, his gait is off... (yes, I'll do a Lyme check, since it's so incredibly prevalent here, and yes, we Frontline plus monthly, mainly for ticks)

No dietary changes, nothing out of the usual. I'll be calling the vet Monday morning (I SO wish they had weekend hours :( ) to get an appointment.

All he really wants to do is curl up with me, even more than normal. :(

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Aw, hope it's nothing serious.

Have you ever had a full tick panel run on him? Those suckers can remain dormant for years...

Scritches to Sully and hugs for you!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest WarmheartedPups

Awww....its an awful feeling...you can just tell.....hard to describe. Have a good cuddlebug weekend.

Hope Sully is better soon.

Sending prayers for sweet Sully. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

No news. Vet's office isn't open until Monday. :( He's no worse, but not any better. He's still eating and drinking and pooping just fine (he darned near stole our lasagna dinner! (well he DID manage to steal some of it... :rolleyes: ), he's just not quite right. First thing Monday morning I'll call the vet and get an appointment.

Most likely I know it won't be anything and I'll just be the overly concerned pet owner... :rolleyes: but I'd still rather go.

All three pups are sacked out with me in the computer room like usual. :blush

He hasn't had a full tick panel, and that's something I think I need to get, even just for peace of mind in the future.

In vino veritas

Guest IrskasMom

Do we not know right away , when something's off ! The Behavior shows Signs' instantly. Hopefully

mothing serious . :bighug:bighug:bighug

Our appointment is for Thursday. :( It's the first evening appointment that is available. He's still a bit stiff, but gave the squirrels a good chase, and invited himself into the bathroom, lifted the seat, and got himself a nice drink. ( Yes, he has a FULL bowl of fresh water downstairs... for some reason he just prefers the toilet :blink: Because of that, we are really careful what it's cleaned with) He also ran off with the whole bag of Baa baa q's last night (I got them before he had too many :rolleyes: ) And for those of you that wonder, yes, if he's not right next to me, that generally means he's trying to steal something. :lol He's always busy. :P

In vino veritas

Guest caro

Sounds like you need those toilet seat locks they sell for toddlers... :P

Well good luck on Thursday. I hope he just turns out to have a case of the icks. :goodluck

Hi Rachael, Katie was acting like that last month. I thought it was the heat we were having at the time. She had a great appetite too and was fine on walks. But she was not happy to go up or down stairs and was keeping her distance from the other dogs; standing wayyy back in line when food was being prepared, and her personality was not her typical whirly twirly rooing girly dog!

I was worried. Off to the vets and she had a slipped disc. After 2 weeks on pred and muscle relaxants, she came back to life :) Even woke me up a few times one night with roos and helicopter tail because she was feeling soooo much better she thought that I should get up and play with her! I'm still carrying her up and down the stairs 4 or 5 times a day (vet's orders), but she is her silly self again.

I have full tick panels for all of my guys, and it feels good to be able to rule that out when they start acting 'off.' Lyme is always a risk, but they have an in office snap test for that (combo w/ erlichiosis test) so you can get immediate results for those two while waiting for a full panel from Protatek or NCSU.

I hope nothing serious for the gorgeous Sully, and that your vet can figure things out quickly.

Rachael - I hope Sully is okay. It's good that you're trusting your instincts though - we do "know" things when they happen generally. Give some extra hugs and kisses to Sully for me and keep us posted - Thursday seems so far away!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Hoping he's okay, but I know what you mean about being the worrying mom, probably a good idea to get him checked out (I always figure if nothing turns out to be wrong, it was worth it for my peace of mind.)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Tenderhearts

Too bad you have to wait so long, but glad to hear he hasn't veered from the being glued to you or else stealing! :lol