Macdaddy Is Moving To Arizona!

Just to reintroduce myself, as I was off line for alomst five months and was dropped from the GT site for being inactive ...had limited acess at our winter rental :angryfire . My wife and I (and fur kidz) have spent the past two winters in Lake Havasu, Arizona..we love desert living and have finally made the move..we will be relocating to Sun Lakes..SE of Phoenix in August..no snow to shovel, no lawn to mow, no leaves to rake AND you can buy beer in the grocery store..life is GOOD in AZ.. :) ...hope to make contact with greyhound from the Phoenix area and get involved with a rescue group like Nittany greyhounds here in Pa.

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

Guest MidnightMama

You will surely be missed in PA! Best of luck on your move, enjoy the warm weather and, if you don't mind send some of that sunshine to PA for me, please. :colgate

Well, shoot! When we gave Xanadu his cat scan, we did it at Mary Lisa's place, along with her husband Tim- both of whom were Nittany people before they relocated to... Sun Lakes. I'm almost certain it's Sun Lakes, as I'd never been there before, and it's just a short drive from here. Elaine from our adoption group is also from the Nittany group, and I have her email address. Give me a call or drop me an email at ahicks51 @ cox dot net, or 480 722 9328. They're real nice people.

Tim and I even knew some of the same people. When it was pretty obvious that Tim was a retired police officer from that area, I mentioned how my police chief back in Huntingdon, PA (where I went to college for a while) was in charge of the ambulance division where I was an EMT. He was this huge guy with massive hands, and had been shot- through a door- once when apprehending a suspect. He still carries the bullet in his neck.

And- shucks if Tim didn't know him. In fact, they went to the police academy together. As if that's not enough, they were president and vice-president of their graduating class!

So. We can tell you all about the great places to eat in Gilbert and Chandler. :)

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Oh boy...another transplant. I moved to Arizona from Chicago about a year ago and thanks to no humidity, every day is a perfect hair day!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

You can check out GPA-Arizona or Arizona Adopt A Greyhound. Both groups are really great. And you'll have to attend the annual Phoenix Invasion next March.

Kathy

Hey Macdaddy!! All the more reason why you'd BETTER be at GIG this year!! See you there, I hope!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest greyhndlvrinnm
Oh boy...another transplant. I moved to Arizona from Chicago about a year ago and thanks to no humidity, every day is a perfect hair day!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

You can check out GPA-Arizona or Arizona Adopt A Greyhound. Both groups are really great. And you'll have to attend the annual Phoenix Invasion next March.

Kathy

Kathy, Just ran across your to this post. There is actually going to be a Fall Phoenix Invasion this October. I just returned from the Spring Phoenix Invasion and it went so well we were discussing another event.

Did I meet you in your backyard by chance?

Chris from New Mexico

WElcome to Arizona! We live in Chandler but my folks live in Sun Lakes(the Ironwood portion) and we're down there most Sundays with our two greyhounds.

Life is indeed good in Arizona. Hopefully we'll see you around Sun Lakes! Look for our two black hounds! ( I know there is someone in my parents neighborhood as well that has a greyhound...I haven't met them but my folks tell me they see them walking all the time...somewhere around the Ironwood clubhouse)